Backyard stone floor Painting?

That stuff looks like slate, Melbournee.

You can 'paint' it with a slate sealer - but this is clear only and enhances the colours of the natural stone.
Slate is also 'flaky' so I doubt anythink you'd paint it with, even paving paint, would be terribly successful or indeed longlasting.

You can 'paint' it with a slate sealer - but this is clear only and enhances the colours of the natural stone.

Thanks P.

Does this sealer give it a good look? I mean is it worth doing?

What about the missing bits? How can I get matching stone pieces to fit into this zigsaw puzzle?

cheers all

Does this sealer give it a good look?
Yes. Just like a clear coat of varnish does to a freshly sanded timber.

I mean is it worth doing?
Yes, it protects and makes it easier to clean.

What about the missing bits? How can I get matching stone pieces to fit into this zigsaw puzzle?
You should be able to pick up something close at a tile shop that sells slate perhaps? You can break it into whatever shape you need.

If your backyard stone "floor" looks anything like that photo you'd be a twit to do anything to it. It's not meant to look like stone-mason perfection.

People pay extra for houses with slate floors in the interiors and in landscaping. Buyers take off money for slate that someone's gone and ruined under the misguided notion that they were improving it.

The actual backyard is nothing like the picture (Condition wise). IF it was I wouldnt have even thought of touching the whole thing.

Its pretty old and missing a few chunks etc. But going by the advice above I will try finding the sealer. Maybe give it a bit of wash and then the treatment.....

Thanks all!

Back