Bad bad bad Journalism! Young Property Gun

Can I ask how? Is its a bunch of OTP properties?

I bought 2 OTP, and the other one after it was built. But the key is that they are NRAS properties. Over the next 10 years, they will each generate 8-9k after tax cash flow. After NG, I'm out of pocket about 2-3k but I then get tax free money from the government. Currently the NRAS incentive is $10,917.04 and it is indexed every year.

I have a desposit on a property and I'm hoping to buy 2 more before June 2016. So with 6, I'd be looking at 50-55k after tax cash flow.

I'd been reading about NRAS for 1-2 years before 2013, but this is the posting that got me really interested and made me decided to use Euro73 as my broker/advisor.

http://somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=960692

Any GC on these is a bonus, my goal here is cash flow. But even a modest 2% annually is 22% over 10 years.

I hope I'm not the only one to recognise the marketing masterstroke this media coverage is (which itself speaks volumes of her business savvy). It's not an accident. She's in this month's API mag as well and I'm sure there are a bunch of other appearances already, or soon to be.

She's going to have a lot of new clients as a result.

Good on her.

It was blindingly obvious to me.... surprised this point wasn't mentioned earlier.

Anyway, its simple business promotion 101. If you can splash your face around at zero cost in a positive light, why wouldn't you, especially when its done under the guise of "look at what ordinary people are doing" as opposed to "i can make you $x"

It was blindingly obvious to me.... surprised this point wasn't mentioned earlier.

Anyway, its simple business promotion 101. If you can splash your face around at zero cost in a positive light, why wouldn't you, especially when its done under the guise of "look at what ordinary people are doing" as opposed to "i can make you $x"

im no marketing expert, but I thought with these magazines, the stories they do on successs stories are unpaid and up to the marketing team of when and who they do it,
while her service advertising is a paid service,

unless she was offered an interview and then negotiated to pay for ad space as well?

2 points.

1st, she reminds me a lot of that Belle Gibson woman who faked having brain cancer.

2nd, there was a study done where they observed 2 people playing monopoly. 1 player was given twice the funds to begin with and other advantages. that player obviously won in most cases. in interviewing them after the player with the advantage mostly attributed their success to their skill or strategy, rather than the clear advantage they were given.

2 points.

1st, she reminds me a lot of that Belle Gibson woman who faked having brain cancer.

2nd, there was a study done where they observed 2 people playing monopoly. 1 player was given twice the funds to begin with and other advantages. that player obviously won in most cases. in interviewing them after the player with the advantage mostly attributed their success to their skill or strategy, rather than the clear advantage they were given.

was it monopoly 21st century, Australia Edition?? HAHA

Wow there are a lot of negative comments on here.

That's disappointing. A lot of kids get help from their parents, education, cash etc.

She has chosen to do something with (the bulk of) it, and she seems to be getting slammed here.

Sure, she may not be a Property Expert, but compared to what I was doing at 24, and most people I know, help or not, christ she's doing bloody well.

Good on her I say.

im no marketing expert, but I thought with these magazines, the stories they do on successs stories are unpaid and up to the marketing team of when and who they do it,
while her service advertising is a paid service,

unless she was offered an interview and then negotiated to pay for ad space as well?

The stories in API are unpaid.
But API are looking for people to do stories on all the time.

Why would you pay for an ad, when you can get API to publish a story on you for free.... and they'll always put a positive spin on it, because they love stories that show people achieve $xxx in property.

Then because its a story about the person's situation, it resonates much better with the audience. Said audience then uses linkedin to look up the person and bam! there's a link to their company and what they do. Instant leads!

http://www.news.com.au/finance/real...ortfolio-aged-24/story-fndban6l-1227403856040

Shame Shame shame, I trust journalists as much as used car salesman, so it doenst surprise me, however

she's a self made property holder even though her family is rich

shes saved her deposits from significant pocket money

shes bought something from a $50k inheritance

Shes been to 23 countries and went to a prestigious private school

Parents as a guarantor

I don't begrudge her success. She's done well and obviously has business acumen and I think she'll go on to bigger and better things. But yes, for this article to apply the "average young kid becomes self-made millionaire" trope is lazy reporting. I don't consider someone that sort of background to be "average" or "self-made". And asking her parents be a guarantor when she had $100,000 for a deposit is a bit cheeky, imo.

2 points.

Vox_elite_general_graphic_June_16_2015.jpg

She has had some good CG in a few weeks in API she had a portfolio valued at $1.6m now it is $2.3 million, she spent $50k land in Scotland with from an inheritance when she was 18 to conserve a nature reserve ( isn't a nature reserve conserved), but she bought her first property when she was 22yrs old then she bought a $50k property in Scotland.

She has had some good CG in a few weeks in API she had a portfolio valued at $1.6m now it is $2.3 million, she spent $50k land in Scotland with from an inheritance when she was 18 to conserve a nature reserve ( isn't a nature reserve conserved), but she bought her first property when she was 22yrs old then she bought a $50k property in Scotland.

maybe she swapped her first dummy at the age of 1 for a piece of candy, and then traded that for a mini car at age 2, and by age 5 she owned her own 3 storey house in sydney

She doesn't own the land in Scotland - it's just part of a fundraising promotion. Sort of like how certain conservation organisations allow you to "adopt" a panda or adopt a dolphin or something. Instead of just asking for donations, it looks a bit nicer if they give the donors something in return like a framed photo or in her case, a certificate saying that she owns a plot of land.

Also, it didn't cost 50k. The link I posted has the cheapest package at 20 pounds ($40). She obviously used the inheritance as a deposit to buy one of her other properties but thought it'd make her story less impressive so changed it around a bit.

Back