• No

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • Yes due to the AFP's involvement

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • No, they were going to do it anyway

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I thought there was a firing squad of 6, but only one has a bullet. They all aim and shoot. None of the shooters know who actually kills the criminal. Not sure where I heard /read this though.

And as for the slitting of throats being quicker. Those who are committing those atrocities are trying to inflict as much pain as possible and it would not be quick.
Yes thats true. Only one live round. And if it doesnt do the job. Someone walks up to them and shoots them in the head

Apparently you can choose to sit, stand or kneel
ive heard conflicting stories that you can choose to be blindfoldered or not, but i think its not an option

Dont ask me how they work out if the bullet worked before they decide to do a shot to the head

zero tolerance for drug trafficking. this has taken too long to resolve. with intense publicity they may get a different sentence. wonder how many times they offended? rehabilitated perhaps but I guess their options to reoffend were limited in their current environment?
my sympathy is with their families and others impacted by their offending.

I voted for clemency for these 2
Plenty of people have done dumb things at 21 and gone on to make meaningful contributions
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Michael_Coutts-Trotter

However, I would not be against the death penalty for some people, namely Renee Lau's, Jill Meagher's, Sarah Cafferkey, and Luke Batty's killers.

Do the people commenting here have any idea about drugs?

Over the past 10 years I've worked with around 400 people with heroin addictions. Also seen my share of amphetamine, benzo, alcohol, and other opioid abusers.
Some clients hold very respectable jobs, very polite and well groomed, and if you didn't know you would happily hand your daughter over for marriage to them.
Some of them invest in property, and are aiming for financial freedom. They may even be on this forum given its anonymous and their names are confidential.

On the other end of the spectrum, some of my clients are right down the bottom of civilized society. Violence, robbery (armed, sneak thiefs, break and enters), arson, threats, and the odd killing are just part of another day in paradise.

Do the people commenting here have any idea about drugs?

Have a few mates with sons - daughters that have gone down the smoking the green nitro , then into the meth and are now 25 year old walking vegetables ,they can't live at home anymore because they smash the house up then and steal everything,2 are now in half way houses living day by day,or go and sit in Nimbin and watch what happens from 5 in the morning all the Mercedes amg's Bentleys drop all the people off they sit there and sell drugs down the lane ways all day ,Police just drive by and say nothing,late afternoon the cars come back and pick the street dealers up ,,once one spends the time to focus on analysing the problem why not start to send back all the drug dealing scum bags that bring the white slow death poison into this country ,,they know the rules and once one breaks them there are none..

Have a few mates with sons - daughters that have gone down the smoking the green nitro , then into the meth and are now 25 year old walking vegetables ,they can't live at home anymore because they smash the house up then and steal everything,2 are now in half way houses living day by day,or go and sit in Nimbin and watch what happens from 5 in the morning all the Mercedes amg's Bentleys drop all the people off they sit there and sell drugs down the lane ways all day ,Police just drive by and say nothing,late afternoon the cars come back and pick the street dealers up ,,once one spends the time to focus on analysing the problem why not start to send back all the drug dealing scum bags that bring the white slow death poison into this country ,,they know the rules and once one breaks them there are none..
Going to aound harsh but no one forced them to do drugs.
also. Easy for me to say. But they also have a high degree of a choice to get off them.

Its unfair to link causation and results working backwards. Ie saying that the bali 9 basically forced the needle in their arms. Personal responsiblity is the number one factor here. Which also applies to bali 9 too

re their offending, was it ever disclosed who were funding the enterprise? its a murky business which history has shown involves law enforcement as well as others. money buys many.

re their offending, was it ever disclosed who were funding the enterprise? its a murky business which history has shown involves law enforcement as well as others. money buys many.

Yeah that woukd be interrewtinf to see how high up they were. Id say not very high

And it also says they did it more then once before

I wonder how many times they actsully did it or admitted to and whether it was bali each time? Maybe some of thenother bali 9 had done it before as well

Listened to the "Mercy Campaign", very touching.
Unfortunately, I don't believe there is any hope I think they will be executed.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pAV4o69GO4U

http://mobile.news.com.au/world/bre...onesia-execution/story-e6frfkui-1227197699611

Well. First verbal confirmation that the second appeal will be rejected and that the two will be executed . Their 1% chance of escape has been extinguished

Time for them to start sorting out their affairs

It must be torture to know you only have as little as a week to live

This is starting to carry a lot of political weight , when someone takes away all he has got and all he is ever going to have , and I don't think the Indonesian Government has any qualms about going ahead with this..

They've lodged an appeal, which was supposed to be not allowed

And the lawyer is saying, he is "confident" he can get them off execution

Not sure why he is confident but its a big statement to make

Hope he isn't being a drama queen

previous 'batch' 6 foreigners 1 Indonesian
Current 'batch' 6 foreigners 1 Indonesian

Someone will update this post with exact figures!!!!

Doesn't anyone else see something here!!!!!

Is all of Indonesia's drug trade controlled by 80% foreigners?????

previous 'batch' 6 foreigners 1 Indonesian
Current 'batch' 6 foreigners 1 Indonesian

Someone will update this post with exact figures!!!!

Doesn't anyone else see something here!!!!!

Is all of Indonesia's drug trade controlled by 80% foreigners?????
It's probably that the Indonesians have worked out that it is simply far too risky to be involved in the drug industry, and are therefore not.

Either that, or they are far better at it than the foreigners.

I'd like to see our drug offense penalties tripled, quadrupled, even ten-fold...then folks might start to stop.

Back