• No

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • Yes due to the AFP's involvement

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • No, they were going to do it anyway

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
At the moment selling those drugs, is illegal.

However, I do agree with you.
No one forced them to take the drugs.
Still doesn't change the facts.
The sentences for the respective criminals - even though the results are the same (dead people)- are about right.

The drug trafficker is guilty of manslaughter basically - "I didn't mean for anyone to die, Yer Honour; I was just providing a product to those who wanted it".

(Drug users have a choice not to be totally stupid by deciding not to have them).

Meanwhile; the terrorists are guilty of first degree murder with malice - forward planning of and carrying out murders.

My preference for the drug dudes is life sentence, no parole, solitary confinement.

My preference for Terrorists is the same as above, but with weekly public floggings for our entertainment. ;)

Reactions: BV
I don't agree with life without parole.
The prisoners serve no purpose.
Harvest their usable organs, donate the rest to science or incinerate.

Appeals are needed.
The time everything takes to run its course just needs to be reduced.
Everything should be reduced to a couple of years instead of decades.

Court systems need changes.
Instead of trying to decide what should be allowed or disallowed as evidence, juries need to have all the evidence.

Otherwise what is the sense of witnesses to vow "I promise to tell the truth, the whole truth, so help me God". (for us atheists we just 'affirm')

Plea bargaining.
In the USA, there seems to be more emphasis on imprisoning someone, anyone for the crime, than finding out the truth.
I know I wouldn't plead guilty to something I didn't do.

They didn't kill anyone. The drug users killed themselves. No one forced them to take drugs. They took it by their free will. By choice.

You can't say to a terrorist " hey I'll just pass on this bombing if you don't mind thanks !"

Didnt you know
the bali 9 held every drug user that died in 2003 down and forcibly injected them with doses of repeated heroin

They are worse then terrrorists. Terrroista killed 10. The bali 9 killed 10,000!

lets get on to deaths related to alcohol..... oh wait. We pay the ceos millions instead of shooting them

^^^yeah, and don't forget tobacco where you find six year olds with tattoos and a ciggy in their mouth. Where?, Indonesia of course. A few more mill to the ceo's should do it I think.

and sugar refiners and cane growers, and salt producers. And TV stations. And motor vehicle manufacturers. Shoot all the CEOS. Oh, hang on......

Babies are born everyday hooked on heroin, you think they have a choice?

"Hey I'm a junkie, hope my babie doesn't mind I pass it on to him!"

not to mention minors that have no idea what they are doing when they become hooked, or collateral damage to society once people are hooked (willing or not), but with attitudes like this:

Didnt you know
the bali 9 held every drug user that died in 2003 down and forcibly injected them with doses of repeated heroin

it all seems fine, the only people getting hurt are willing participants

yep , The minors have no idea what'll hit 'em when they discover ciggies, alc and , lets not forget: gambling. All highly addictive.

yep , The minors have no idea what'll hit 'em when they discover ciggies, alc and , lets not forget: gambling. All highly addictive.

we really need to move on from this ridiculous proposition. I have been drinking alcohol for years, I am not addicted to anything, I am not breaking into your house to afford my next drink, I am not being restrained in ER at 3am

heroin is not akin to alcohol.

we really need to move on from this ridiculous proposition. I have been drinking alcohol for years, I am not addicted to anything, I am not breaking into your house to afford my next drink, I am not being restrained in ER at 3am

heroin is not akin to alcohol.
+1 here. I normally have a glass or 2 of wine every night these days, but can easily not have a drink for several weeks, and do..I would say most folks are similar.

However; your last point about the 3am ER tantrums also applies to drunk people. :eek:

Up to 7% of the population are addicted to alcohol, it and nicotine kill far, far more than illegal drugs but we accept it, we have been conditioned to. Anyway drug danger is not the issue, Indonesia is not interested in reducing drug deaths, the executions are for political purposes, nothing more.

The only positive I can see coming out of this crime committed by Indonesia is that its flawed and corrupt legal system is now under immense pressure and other people may not be now murdered.

Yes ......:)

I drink too much water

Overhydration

Definition

Overhydration, also called water excess or water intoxication, is a condition in which the body contains too much water.
Description
Overhydration occurs when the body takes in more water than it excretes and its normal sodium level is diluted. This can result in digestive problems, behavioral changes, brain damage, seizures, or coma. An adult whose heart, kidneys, and pituitary gland are functioning properly would have to drink more than two gallons of water a day to develop water intoxication. This condition is most common in patients whose kidney function is impaired and may occur when doctors, nurses, or other healthcare professionals administer greater amounts of water-producing fluids and medications than the patient's body can excrete. Overhydration is the most common electrolyte imbalance in hospitals, occurring in about 2% of all patients.

http://medical-dictionary.thefreedictionary.com/overhydration

Perhaps we should ban all drinks:p:p

And execute all the people pumping water from a well in the desert since water can kill people

Also. Key point some forget is that. They werw carrying drugs out of indonesia!!! So the number of people dying in indonesia every day from drugs is irrelevant

And execute all the people pumping water from a well in the desert since water can kill people

Also. Key point some forget is that. They werw carrying drugs out of indonesia!!! So the number of people dying in indonesia every day from drugs is irrelevant

for them to carry drugs out, someone must've imported them in and sold it to them. now i somehow doubt that this someone only sells drugs to aussies and refuses service to locals

Up to 7% of the population are addicted to alcohol, it and nicotine kill far, far more than illegal drugs but we accept it, we have been conditioned to.

your math is wrong
what percentage of alcohol consumers are addicted to it? how does it compare to drug consumers?

Back