Votes: 34 48.6%
  • Yes due to the AFP's involvement

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • No, they were going to do it anyway

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
especially unsurprising is the fact that it's complete BS

imho this is either the guy trying to make himself famous, or the typical journos inventing the story.

if the judges had an order from the supreme court to sentence those two to death, there would be no further negotiations. especially in a high profile case like this.

also interesting is that the story only comes to light 10 years after the actual verdict and not during multiple appeals. :rolleyes:

Perhaps because his career is over once he makes an accusation like this? I'm not saying its true. But it's a serious allegation from a credible sorce. And surely you're not suggesting there's no corruption in the Indonesian judicial system... We've all heard the stories.

Oh please... If they 're going to do it... Just get on with it !!!
Omg just dragging it along...
This is what Indonesia wants, to get the most out of it politically, and ignore Australia's requests (eg phone calls, announcement of execution on ANZAC day). Its not about drugs, just politics. Australia's response has to be fast and severe or we look like fools trampled on by posturing Indonesian politicians who kill people for their own ends.

Australia's response has to be fast and severe or we look like fools trampled on by posturing Indonesian politicians who kill people for their own ends.

Nobody (individuals) are going to do anything.

They won't boycott the country in any way.

In a week or so, they will move onto to the next media story.

If people really cared, they would want to show Indonesia with their wallet,
or they would demand their government stop providing aid and demand trade stop.

Doesn't anyone else feel outraged and saddened that the boys request for the choice of their spiritual counsellor to be with them till the final moment has been denied? They have no relationship with the Indonesian appointed spiritual counsellor! :confused:

It's crass, disappointing and horrific :(

Sure. But I think the pending executions are senseles and I hope they are stopped at this last minute.

Don't hold your breathe! It appears all legal channels have been exhausted, and President Widodo will not grant clemency. Not a surprise really.
Tonight on Lateline there is to be an interview with an Indonesian lawyer/ parliamentarian (not sure which) who is to outline why Indonesia will not take the Death Penalty off the table for Drug Trafficers. Should be interesting viewing.

"Tonight you will kill two good men, my friends": Ben Quilty's message to Widodo

Australian artist Ben Quilty has been integral to the "I Stand for Mercy" fighting for clemency on behalf of Andrew Chan and Myuran Sukumaran, and an end to the death penalty internationally.

But Quilty is also a man in pain tonight knowing his friends Andrew and Myuran will likely be dead tomorrow. Killed by an Indonesian firing squad.

He posted this messgae to Indonesian President Widodo earlier today.

"Joko Widodo tonight you will kill two good men, my friends. I want you to know that you may take their freedom and their lives, you may rob their fellow inmates of the support and love that both men have offered and provided for so long, you can turn off Myu's imagination but you will never kill the memory of them.

"I have promised Myu and Andrew, their parents and their siblings, that I will fight against the death penalty for the rest of my life.

"I can also assure you that Myu and Andrew will care for the other inmates you will execute tonight. The six men and one young woman from the Philippines, Ghana, Brazil and Nigeria will have two constant, calming and compassionate voices beside them right until the last second.

"Myuran will continue to translate your executioner's words into English for Mary Jane Veloso and Andrew will calm and console. I know that before the sound of your guns the island will hear the comforting whisper of Myuran Sukumaran and Andrew Chan."

I would blame my idiot family member for taking drugs in the first place and then I would hope that the people selling the drugs would spend the rest of their life in jail.

ha ha. And if your gran got knocked over during a home invasion and died... same tough justice?

Australia's response has to be fast and severe or we look like fools

we already look like fools because there is no possible such meaningful response. Do you have any ideas? Perhaps supporters of drug smugglers should refuse to order Nasi Goreng for a day?

Back