• No

Votes: 34 48.6%
  • Yes due to the AFP's involvement

Votes: 5 7.1%
  • No, they were going to do it anyway

Votes: 7 10.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
I have been hearing a lot about how they were reformed characters and deserved a second chance.

If they hadn't been caught would they still have reformed, or would they still be doing it?

..just a thought..

i think this whole 'reformed' thing is a just media hyping it up.
the guys did the only thing that could entertain them while being locked up for 10 years and let them communicate with other people.

Reactions: BV
:rolleyes: i don't need to watch anything.
i don't believe the guy is credible. it doesn't depend on which media are his words transferred via

Sorry I thought you were referring to the article, not the source.

Even still, to call his claims BS for no apparent reason is BS. Bribery and corruption in Indonesian is rife. Anyone risking their career to become a whistleblower deserves to be heard.

i think this whole 'reformed' thing is a just media hyping it up.
the guys did the only thing that could entertain them while being locked up for 10 years and let them communicate with other people.

It wasn't started or hyped by the media. It was the governor of the prison, prison guards, ex-prisoners who all said they were reformed. Not to mention the Australian lawyers, religious ministers and even a judge who got to know them and said they were genuinely reformed.

It wasn't started or hyped by the media. It was the governor of the prison, prison guards, ex-prisoners who all said they were reformed. Not to mention the Australian lawyers, religious ministers and even a judge who got to know them and said they were genuinely reformed.

It is only akin to the gunslinger who calls for the priest on his deatbed.
There's a disproportionate amount of people who become religious the closer they are to death.
Look no further than the elderly as an example.
They wern't reformed in the true sense, they had no other option than to be reformed.
What else were they going to be?

Reactions: BV
Sorry I thought you were referring to the article, not the source.

Even still, to call his claims BS for no apparent reason is BS. Bribery and corruption in Indonesian is rife. Anyone risking their career to become a whistleblower deserves to be heard.

i didn't call it bs for no apparent reason. i gave a very specific reason in my post - his words don't stack up.

There's a disproportionate amount of people who become religious the closer they are to death.
They wern't reformed in the true sense, they had no other option than to be reformed.

Your argument is akin to saying people and children shouldn't be good then
because they only want to be good to in order to go to heaven.....

Does it matter why they became religious or why they reformed?
All that matters is that they HAVE reformed.
That they have become good people - that they have changed

i didn't call it bs for no apparent reason. i gave a very specific reason in my post - his words don't stack up.

Oh his words don't 'stack up', here I was thinking you had some sort of expert knowledge on the topic... So it's just the vibe?

"Sorry judge, throw out the case, Strannik doesn't think it 'stacks up'"

Your argument is akin to saying people and children shouldn't be good then
because they only want to be good to in order to go to heaven.....

Does it matter why they became religious or why they reformed?
All that matters is that they HAVE reformed.
That they have become good people - that they have changed

No they HAVEN'T.
There is nothing resembling proof of that.
Nothing that legitimises their contrived remorse.

If they hadn't been sentenced to death, would they have even bothered with the "reform" angle.

No they HAVEN'T.
There is nothing resembling proof of that.
Nothing that legitimises their contrived remorse.

If they hadn't been sentenced to death, would they have even bothered with the "reform" angle.

I'd be reforming in a hurry if I knew the gun squad was on their way too.

Oh his words don't 'stack up', here I was thinking you had some sort of expert knowledge on the topic... So it's just the vibe?

"Sorry judge, throw out the case, Strannik doesn't think it 'stacks up'"

well i'm sorry i don't believe everything that people say.

hey people, jackbak tried to pay me so i write good stuff about these two idiots. it's true because i said so! :rolleyes:

What would constitute proof for you?

I suspect nothing..........

Well, you should try & see it from the other side to your view.

What proof is there that they did reform?
Peoples words?
In the face of certain death, and lets get real, it was always going to be certain, would you have a go at reform, no matter what it resembled?

Drug smuggler/dealers in Indonesia, face the consequences no matter about so called reform. Obviously.

Its over, peop[le should get back to work and live on, stop trying to change the world to your point of view. There are other points of view. Why should anyones view be correct for all?

am glad that it was painless quick death for all of them with no mercy shot needed,

im glad they were singing until the shots were fired, apparently the pastor said he has never seen anyone so excited in getting executed,

I sincerely hope they were excited and not petrified

im glad there were no other holdups or issues

RIP to them all

What good does killing people do?
How has the world and humanity benefited as a result?

Why do people get so much pleasure from punishing others and feel so good to justify why it was warranted?

All I see is insanity!

RIP Andrew and Myuran

It's called fear of death

Well, Australia was given a message on the Anzac Centenary day. It was a really really well selected day for a very specific message. :(

What good does killing people do?
How has the world and humanity benefited as a result?

Why do people get so much pleasure from punishing others and feel so good to justify why it was warranted?

All I see is insanity!

RIP Andrew and Myuran

Because unfortunately vengeance is a major ingredient for those who support capital punishment.

Back