Ballarat Region

Hi Guys,

I'm interested to know people's thoughts on buying in the Ballarat region as learning about the planned multi billion dollar Regional Victoria express fast train line upgrade that affects the Ballarat, Bendigo and Geelong areas, there have seems great potential for increases in CG in the coming years.

Medium house price in Ballarat at the moment is around $230000 which I think is a great opportunity for a relative low buy-in for excellent returns in the future due to the anticipated population increases.

Interested to know if anyone has invested in Ballarat previously and what the vacancy rates are like for houses at the moment ?

I have 2 properties there. Always rented within a week, and vacancy rates are at an all time low at present. Properties are 3 & 4 bedroom, within walking distance to CBD/Sturt street which is a +ve for tenants.

Hi all,

multi billion dollar Regional Victoria express fast train line upgrade

I have property in Geelong within a few minutes walk of the last train station to Melb.

My understanding of your above comment is a 2 to 4 minute saving in time travelled, lots of political BS in the announcements on the 'fast trains'.

bye

What are the good/bad areas in Ballarat? Did some googling but how can I research more into these areas?

How does it compare to Bendigo from investment point of view?

Ballarat Central and North seem to be the preferred areas. I rate Ballarat over Bendigo simply due to proximity to Melbourne

Back