Bank trying to blame me

First interest payment for #2 was due the other day, I noticed that no funds had been removed from my nominated account and called the MB who called the bank (why call a bank when you have an awesome MB to sort things :D)

So the bank gets its back up saying that I'm a bad client, can't even make my first repayment yada yada yada. MB informs them that its the day after the first payment was due and that the client is trying to sort things out as soon as they could possibly be aware of it.

Turns out that the monkey that entered my info into the computer didn't enter my banking details, or anyone else's, they just created a new account with their bank and tried to take the funds from there, all without telling me! All sorted as soon as the bank actually looked at the forms submitted to them, guess you have to laugh.

Not sure if the above is common at all but I'm sure if I wasn't paying attention my credit hx would have suffered

On a side note I'm yet to see a bank actually take note that I always tick the fortnightly repayments, they seem to like billing me monthly.

Its fairly common for direct debit forms to not be implemented or lapse without notice. Just have to keep on top of it I guess

Lenders are very quick to defer the blame of a problem to someone else in my experience. I've had numerous occassions where a simple phone call, text or just being more observant could have saved people a lot of work, only to then get in the way of solving the problem rather than fixing it. I've had similar experiences with solicitors as well. Something goes wrong and they cover their own backside first when a simple phone call could solve the problem.

It's not an uncommon occurrence.

I don't understand the ear bashing you got from the bank about being a bad customer though - that's just silly and uncalled for. Particularly if you're a new to bank client - what kind of a welcome is that?

Cheers

Jamie

First interest payment for #2 was due the other day, I noticed that no funds had been removed from my nominated account and called the MB who called the bank (why call a bank when you have an awesome MB to sort things :D)

So the bank gets its back up saying that I'm a bad client, can't even make my first repayment yada yada yada. MB informs them that its the day after the first payment was due and that the client is trying to sort things out as soon as they could possibly be aware of it.

Turns out that the monkey that entered my info into the computer didn't enter my banking details, or anyone else's, they just created a new account with their bank and tried to take the funds from there, all without telling me! All sorted as soon as the bank actually looked at the forms submitted to them, guess you have to laugh.

Not sure if the above is common at all but I'm sure if I wasn't paying attention my credit hx would have suffered

On a side note I'm yet to see a bank actually take note that I always tick the fortnightly repayments, they seem to like billing me monthly.

Which bank was it OP? The welcome doesn't sound nice, hope they apologised for their 'monkey' error.

Cheers,
Redom

Has happened so many times with me with so many companies... I don't understand why setting up a direct debit is so difficult for them

Back