Bank Valuation came way less than expected

My last valuation (with this Bank) is in May-13 (loan settled in July-13).
I plan to refinance using the same bank at the end of this (probably Nov-14).

Is that long enough to increase the valuation (perhaps due to significant increase from last year to this year)?
Any thought would be much appreciated.

Thanks.

Depends on the market/ area and if you can find 6 comparable sales that sold in the last 6 month.

It find it helps when we provide some of our own comparable sales to the bank/valuer at the very start.

Depends on the market/ area and if you can find 6 comparable sales that sold in the last 6 month.

It find it helps when we provide some of our own comparable sales to the bank/valuer at the very start.

Thanks Michael.

Any timeframe that you suggest (say 6 mths or 1 year), before I start to refinance again (using the same bank)?

Challenging a valuation in theory is possible but I agree with the other posts that it's extremely unlikely you will have it changed.

Statistically less than 3% of valuation challenges are overturned.

Better of hunting around for a better one with another lender.

Desktops can work well. I have done one recently with CBA that came back at 370k. Did one a few days later for same property and came back at 390k.

Incidentally there policy allows desktops up to 80% but have got three through at 88% in the last two months.

Thanks Michael.

Any timeframe that you suggest (say 6 mths or 1 year), before I start to refinance again (using the same bank)?

You do it when the value of the property has increased sufficient to have the equity you need for the next step in your plan.

The time frame will depend on the property, the location and what the actual capital growth is. It could be 3 months or it could be 3 years.

Thanks Michael.

No real time frame that i can give without knowing exactly where you bought and your current and new LVR.

Generally if your an active investor, you would carry out a new upfront valuation every 3-6 month depending on the market/location or what you have done to the property.

You would refinance if the equity is better else where...but not if your current loan is on a LVR higher than 80% as the LMI is payble with the new lender, you would only do this if there's a hige diff in the new equity amount.

A friend has recently had this same issue. Bought property for around 800K 5 years ago, valuation was closer to 900K at the time. Got revalued recently and the valuation came back close to original purchase price, despite inferior apartments in the same building recently selling for over a million. Needless to say she is not impressed and has objected to it. I think they refused to reassess and she is taking it further. Where to I am not sure!

Today I had a valuation come back, for a client purchase, at $420,000 when they are only paying $385,000 for the property. "bank valuer".

Very rare event.

Today I had a valuation come back, for a client purchase, at $420,000 when they are only paying $385,000 for the property. "bank valuer".

Very rare event.

I had this with one of my IPs. After the purchase, I thought to re-finance and take some equity out based on bank's higher valuation. However, that time, bank valued it to the original purchase price and re-finance didn't go through.

Back