Bankruptcy

W

WebBoard

Yes, bankruptcy, a topic familiar to most property investors. Just curiously, how many people here have had to declare the big 'B'. Probably not as many as what will have to when the property market crashes!

'To all you virgins out there, thanks for nothing!'

Eric.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reply: 1

Eric

If I may be so bold, as I am rather new to this forum (a virgin....?), but you really are a bit of a ning-nong!

I'd use stronger words, but this is a family site......

Cheers, Simon

Reply: 1.1

Simon,

If you ignore him he goes away. At least for a while. . .

Ian

> From: "Simon St John" <[email protected]>
>
> Eric
>
> If I may be so bold, as I am rather new to this forum, but you really are
a bit of a ning-nong!
>
> I'd use stronger words, but this is a family site......
>
> Cheers, Simon
>
>
>
> To reply: mailto:p[email protected]
> To start a new topic: mailto:p[email protected]
> To login: http://bne003w.webcentral.com.au:80/~wb013
>
>

Reply: 1.1.1

Morally Bankrupt?

If I may speak on behalf of the many who gain value and insight from the correct use of this forum, perhaps it is time to ask Ian Somers (or the powers that be) to remove or at least restrict people such as the poster of this topic, from abusing the forum (and the members), in this obnoxious way.

Would all who agree with these sentiments, please post a similar request, and perhaps we might rid ourselves of this nuisance.

Regards,

Steve

Reply: 1.1.1.1

I agree Steve,

We're all hear to learn and reinforce positive views. Bankruptcy is more likely to happen to those who preach negativity and lack the will to succeed.

And even if you do fail, it is better to have tried rather than not have a go. Surprising quite a few of the wealthiest people around have lost their fortunes earlier in their lives. The experience learned actually helped them become even wealthier the second time around. Hence it seems to more of the state of mind rather than anything else.

Gordon

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1

Hi peoples,

I think Ian has it nailed. Ignore him and he goes away. The best/easiest solution is to simply ignore any post that one Mr Snow may make. If everyone refuses to enter into his little game I'm pretty sure even Mr Snow will get sick of playing with himself...;-)

Cheers
Kippy

PS:May I have the honour of making the last ever reply to him?...cya Mr Snow.

Reply: 1.1.1.1.1.1

While I certainly wouldn't object to the 'removal' of Eric I tend to agree with Ian and Kippy.

The problem with an 'Eric' is even if you remove him, he's back next week as '[email protected]' with the same attitudes. The problem just gets renamed.

Eric obviously does what he does for a bit of a reaction........maybe some personal attention he is lacking elsewhere in his life?

I get a lot from this Forum......sure there is the more detailed/advanced discussion on Trusts, Investment Structures, Tax Issues etc. but I think the thing I find the most inspiring here is the amazing Group of people who make up this Forum.

Sure there is the minority who have been out there, made a fortune and are now generous enough to impart some of their knowledge, but they are certainly in the minority. A big part of this Forum is made up of some very average people trying very hard to do some very 'un-average' things.

Some are single Mums/Dads, pensioners and widows/widowers. Others work incredibly long hours at jobs they may hate. Some are trying to do their best to raise a family or run a business in less than ideal circumstances. But to be here, their also trying to do something more than the vast proportion of the population. Their trying to improve themselves, reduce their dependence on Government funds and improve the lot of their families. Congratulations guys....your special!

To me that is what is so 'disappointing' about Eric's continual juvenile little comments.

To my mind, Eric is actually slapping these people in the face. Telling them that their stupid and a waste of space.

Congratulations Eric, you may well have convinced some whose confidence was already shaky to get straight back on the tread mill. Perhaps if you do want to continue your pathetic little games you could try and visualize the actual faces of some of the people you continually ridicule.

Still feeling proud Eric? There's a big difference between having a sense of humour and mocking some people who are 'giving it a go'. It's not always a matter of where you wind up, but often a better measure is how far you have come. Many here are trying to extend themselves and come a long way. Good luck to you.

I for one know who I'd like to have my next coffee/beer with........someone that can share knowledge and support.......OR someone who delights in ridiculing anothers efforts......hmmmmmm......not really any choice for anyone with a decent backbone in their body is there?

Cheers guys.

:)

Reply: 2

Eric,
As one of the few people on this forum who look forward to your posts, I say: Keep 'em coming! They're good for a laugh, even if they do offend most. Nothing wrong with ruffling a few feathers every now and then.

Kindest regards,
Mark
'no hat, some cattle'

P.S. As a proud (future) property investor and full time human being, I strictly adhere to the phrase: 'If you can't laugh at yourself, you have no right to laugh at anyone else'. I'm sure that Eric is the kind of person that can do this, to others that post here: can you say the same? Just something to think about and don't take yourselves too seriously, life can get kinda boring if you do.

Reply: 2.1

I guess I'm missing something, Mark. I've only ever seen Eric laugh at others. No advice, no questions, no help.

Doubtless he has sterling qualities.

If only he'd show them occasionally.

You like to stir things up, and needle people, and I admit this constitutes good entertainment on occasion. But you balance it with well considered points which (if they so desire) people need to take effort to rebut. Compare this to a desire to gloat over folks' previous or future bankruptcies.

Eric, IMHO, is not worth the price of admission. Given the above, I can only assume that purpose of your last post is to keep Eric going as your catspaw.

And for that, I applaud your ingenuity and wit, if not your taste.

:)

Reply: 2.1.1

Personally, I don't get to upset at Erics posts. He's probably someone who contributes to this forum under a different name and just wants to 'mix it up' a bit. Maybe it is childish, but who really cares.

PT_Bear

Reply: 1.1.1.2

This is a multi-part message in MIME format.

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C1CE53.63CBE9C0
Content-Type: text/plain;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

First rule of democracy: even the dull and ignorant have something say. =Eric should stay and say.

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C1CE53.63CBE9C0
Content-Type: text/html;
charset="iso-8859-1"
Content-Transfer-Encoding: quoted-printable

<!DOCTYPE HTML PUBLIC "-//W3C//DTD HTML 4.0 Transitional//EN">

First rule of democracy: even the dull and ignorant =have
something say. Eric should stay and say.

------=_NextPart_000_002F_01C1CE53.63CBE9C0--

Reply: 2.1.1.1

Alan and Steve,

I'm afraid I am not going anywhere. If you want to merely focus on the positive and ignore the rest, why don't you pay a few thousand for a Kiyosaki seminar. Time to face reality chaps. I'm here to stay. You might like to bury your heads in the sand like ostriches, but I look at things from all sides.

Brett, Mark, PT,

Thank you for your support. It's good to see some reasonable people here. Makes one feel appreciated.

"Never place friendship above profit"

Eric

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1

You look at things from all sides??

But I have only ever seen you bag everything.
So, if you are genuine, then make a half decent contribution and if for example it is shares that you like then post something positive in that regard.

I think we would all appreciate that, rather than the superfluous knocking.

Regards,

Steve

Reply: 2.1.1.1.1.1

Eric,

I don't think I ever said to only 'focus on the positive and ignore the rest'. Rather I think I applauded the sharing of 'knowledge' rather than ridicule.

'Knowledge' will be a sensible/balanced sharing of all sides of a situation.

Singularly ridiculing everything hardly seems to be looking at things from all sides!

C'ya Eric.

I appreciate your right to exist. I hope you appreciate mine to not bother reading your 'wonderfully balanced' posts in future.

:(

Reply: 2.1.1.1.2

Eric,

We're not ostriches.

I'll speak for myself, but I think many of us have had the same experiences. I work with many people who are bagging me all the time. People who tell me that it's not possible to make any money out of real estate. People who told me that prices would crash any moment.

For many years, I believed them. And I used to be the one bagging the people who did get involved in real estate.

It took a lot of convincing to take me from that view.

I did buy one property 4 years ago- and that was going to be all.

I bought another one two years ago reluctantly.

This year, despite horrendous tax problems, I found that my two properties had increased in the last 12 months by $40,000. So I used that to buy another property. In an area which I expect 12 months of growth before it flattens. But if that doesn't happen, it doesn't matter. It is returning $5,000 pa after all expenses- I can spend another $5K to make that $10K + pa.

I have been in a property market crash- in England 12 years ago. Even that place, after losing 20% in value in one year, returned a modest profit when I sold just after the bottom of an upturn.

I'm involved with this forum because I can learn lots of positive things, from people who have learnt a lot- and many of them have succeeded.

You are not a lone voice in the wilderness telling us we will fail. You are a majority.

But I have met many people who have succeeded- some of them far beyond my small dreams- that I have become motivated to succeed as well.

I WILL succeed, because I have that attitude. And people like those around me who put me down, will fail, because they cannot see beyond their swamp.

Geoff

Reply: 2.1.1.1.2.1

Anyone notice that Erics posts seem to generate some of the longest discussion threads?

Perhaps that is his reason for being.

Owen

"Gambling promises the poor what property performs for the rich – something for nothing"

Back