Bankwest back to 95 % IO

for new clients in the next few days

ta
rolf

Hi Rolf,

I got a Bankwest Easy Doc loan on 80% LVR with a IO payments approved just a couple of weeks ago through Mortgage Choice. The property settled last Friday.

The Easy Doc loan is basically a No Doc but you have to have an ABN registered for GST. The interest rate (7.7%) was a little high but I can transfer it to a Lite Loan in two years time dropping it by ~0.7%.

Cheers,

Bazza

Hiya Bazza

BWA and Suncorp via QBE still do 80 % lo doc purchase on STATED INCOME with ABN > 2 years.

The old NO DOC was a bit different, where u signed a statement that says "I can afford the loan"

ta
rolf

What would be the insurance cost on a 95% lend from BW?

see attached

not dissimilar to many lenders

but, be aware that BWA will cap the lmi to 97, some lenders such as WBC and NAB dont.

ta
rolf

Attachments

• BankWestLMIRateCard.jpg
    BankWestLMIRateCard.jpg
    46.6 KB · Views: 181
Does this mean that Bankwest have access to new funding from the market or CBA or simply happy to increase their exposure back into resi property?

I believe BWA have other funding lines, with CBA only bringing in about 30 % of total, which is probably a good thing seeing the amount of offshore xposure that CBA holds

BWA still hold their own licence, so they can garnish funds separate to CBA

ta
rolf

see attached

not dissimilar to many lenders

but, be aware that BWA will cap the lmi to 97, some lenders such as WBC and NAB dont.

ta
rolf

Hi Rolf,

Just to clarify - are you saying that BankWest will lend 97%? I ask because in the OP you said 95%.

Cheers,
Dusty

Hi Dusty

Sorry, dysfunctional indusrty talk

They will lend you to 95 % of the property val or contract ( whichever is lower).

They will then allow you to add the mortgage insurance premium to the loan up to a maximum total of 97 %

ta
rolf

Thanks for that Rolf.

I looked into it a little further, and it seems that will only do 95% for new purchases (as opposed to re-finances). It's a shame - I'd be all over it if they would do both (as I need to refinance to provide deposit funds for a new purchase).

Hi Dusty

As much as Im usually against it, and if the $ values arent too big you could consider doing a cross, in which case they MAY allow it case by case

ta
rolf

Hi Dusty

They will lend you to 95 % of the property val or contract ( whichever is lower).

They will then allow you to add the mortgage insurance premium to the loan up to a maximum total of 97 %

ta
rolf

Do they offer the same 95% LVR to buy land with the intention of building within few months time?

Still available?

Hi Rolf,

I've just seen your original post on 6 October, where you said it was available for "a few days". Is it not available now?

thanks,

Thanks Rolf - I should have read it more carefully. I assume the 95% LVR is for full-docs, & that their lo-docs max at 80% LVR. Is that correct?

Back