BankWest, the bank of opportunity for FHB

Disagree there

ANZ are good for everything BUT a loan.........probably the sloppiest, worst service, and we dont give a rip attitude of any lender I have worked with in the last 11 years...........

Their offshoring of core business decisions has really affected their common sense

I hope they get back to a sensible platform again

ta

rolf

I'm not one to disagree with people Rolf, but I disagree with your disagreement! At least in the short term (say the last 6-12 months) I've found them very easy to deal with. Very little tooing and froing, which I found most frustrating to deal with at other big 4 banks (especially the one with the first letter nearest the end of the alphabet...).

I'm not happy with their 95% policy which is important to my business. And I'm not happy that they don't cap MI, but essentially out of the big 4 only CBA does, and Westpac in a strange way.

I know they've outsourced a lot of stuff but I haven't seen it affect me too much yet. When I send an application off, they touch it once and (normally) approve it subject to a relatively reasonable list of conditions. Once I have those conditions fulfilled, they approve it unconditionally. And their valuation system is great, because it happens from day one, if it's not a preapproval.

That's just mine, but I'd like to hear any roadblocks anyone else has had.

Cheers

Noel

p.s. What Kristines said regarding Bankwest, they'd be the first bank I'd go to for 95's if it wasn't for the interest rate...

I do quite a few 95%LVR + LMI with BankWest over the course of the year

Not just restricted to First Home Buyers, the offer is open to all new BankWest customers but only with the one product, which can have a 100% offset transaction account linked to it

The loan is at about the SVR but can be 'switched' to a lower interest rate product twelve months after settlement

Cheers
Kristine

Thanks Kristine, that's good to hear

Disagree there

ANZ are good for everything BUT a loan.........probably the sloppiest, worst service, and we dont give a rip attitude of any lender I have worked with in the last 11 years...........

Their offshoring of core business decisions has really affected their common sense

I hope they get back to a sensible platform again

ta

rolf

add in westpac...

Back