banned

just looking through some old posts , and i notice a member duncan m who was a top 5 member as banned

just got me to wondering what someone who used the forum so much would have done to be banned from it , the posts i saw from him seemed pretty relevent

just curious:)

It ain't necessarily so

G'day Granev,

"It ain't necessarily so" is the first thought that comes to mind.

Over the years, Dunc had certainly made some very useful posts. He was also quite prolific, thus (as you say) had ended up in the "Top 5" - which is based on the number of posts.

A few months back, Duncan made a rather unworthy post, which led to a short-term ban (a "catch your breath and think about things" kind of thing imposed by Mods).

Since then, his ban was lifted - but he has chosen to edit his Profile to show "Banned" as his member title. Why? Well, only Dunc can say....

In your case, your profile shows "Member" which is a default setting. You can change yours (within limits - e.g. you CAN'T say "Moderator", etc.) to say what you want to say about yourself. Check out other posters titles to get the idea.

You could even choose to say "Banned", like Dunc - although, this might be yet another one for Mods to contemplate and perhaps outlaw (as it tends to give the wrong impression)!!!

Regards,

thanks les
i know about mbl being "banned" , but from the posts i read of dunc's and the amount of them , i couldnt imagine the similarities.

so i guess it is his choice that he doesnt contribute on here anymore

And, as from right now, "Banned" is no longer an appropriate Member title. Much like "Moderator" or the like. So Dunc is now a "Member" until he chooses a different title.

Regards,

i wondered where dunc went - he was a really good read and then, for some unkown reason, went a bit off the rails ...

You can always visit his blog. There is usually some great stuff on there - can't remember the address though - Google might find it.

duncan_m has posted twice today (once in "Adding Value" and once in "Commercial Property") - welcome back Dunc!!!

Cheers
LynnH

he was a really good read and then, for some unkown reason, went a bit off the rails ...

I'm not sure if he ever went "off the rails", I just think he was on a different track.

Fwiw, I probably agree with 98% of what he says, I just wish he'd maybe express it differently, on occasion.

M

Back