Banyo

There is a place in Banyo QLD - 12km from Brisbane CBD - 600 sqm - within walking distance of the train station and local shops - 3 bedrooms but one of the bedrooms is more of a sunroom that can be converted into a small bedroom - is $380,000 a fair price in the current market?

Thanks for your opinion :)

There is a place in Banyo QLD - 12km from Brisbane CBD - 600 sqm - within walking distance of the train station and local shops - 3 bedrooms but one of the bedrooms is more of a sunroom that can be converted into a small bedroom - is $380,000 a fair price in the current market?

Yeah that is a fair price to pay. Any decent condition 3 bedder around that area is a good buy. With current rising demand, median house prices in the area have the potential to reach 450k-500k by the end of next year.

Yes, I agree $380,000 appears to be a fair price but may need a lot more details. Any reference to it on realestate.com.au? Is it on a main road? How far from train line? What's the condition of the house?

Banyo has all the ingredients to be a boom suburb in the near future - close to town, rail, airport, roads leading to Sunshine and Gold Coast, Catholic University etc.

Yes, I agree $380,000 appears to be a fair price but may need a lot more details. Any reference to it on realestate.com.au? Is it on a main road? How far from train line? What's the condition of the house?

Banyo has all the ingredients to be a boom suburb in the near future - close to town, rail, airport, roads leading to Sunshine and Gold Coast, Catholic University etc.

Merry Christmas and thanks for your advice

It is within walking distance of the railway station - it is literally at the end of the street. I have had the house looked at by a expert and it is good condition although it needs a new kitchen which I will put in together with aircondioning. Its not on a main road and is within walking distance of the local shops which includes newsagent, 2 supermarkets, 2 bakeries, hardware store and also within walking distance of the proposed property managers office.

Does it really matter if it is on a main road? I know about the noise factor, but there is nothing else besides that, right?

I know a couple of great things for properties on a main road.

First, main roads have more benefits during rezoning. For example, properties along Hamilton Road in Chermside. Being on main road, those properties had better zoning, which is of units development of up to 8-10 floors in height. While properties on smaller roads in inner part of the block is only allowed townhouses development of up to 2 floors in height, which makes land at Hamilton Road worth way more.

Also, it is faster/easier for the tenants of on-a-main road properties to catch buses.

It is within walking distance of the railway station - it is literally at the end of the street. I have had the house looked at by a expert and it is good condition although it needs a new kitchen which I will put in together with aircondioning. Its not on a main road and is within walking distance of the local shops which includes newsagent, 2 supermarkets, 2 bakeries, hardware store and also within walking distance of the proposed property managers office.

Sounds great, good work mate.

From the above information, I would definitely go for it. Why wait when I think that you are on a winner? If you don't buy it, I'll find out where it is and buy it myself (just kidding)

Guan says that it doesn't matter if it is on a main road. Definitely hard to sell in non boom periods. Agree that main roads can be useful if in certain areas and especially if it can be subdivided or used for commerical purposes.

There is a proposal at the moment to improve the rail crossing at Banyo station, some of the options involve resumption of quite a few (20+ in one scenario) properties on St Vincent's road, so do your homework regarding this particular area.

There is a proposal at the moment to improve the rail crossing at Banyo station, some of the options involve resumption of quite a few (20+ in one scenario) properties on St Vincent's road, so do your homework regarding this particular area.

Thanks Andrew - the house is close to Binda station as opposed to banyo station i.e. one closer to town - do you know if that would that be affected by the proposal

Cheers

Mick

Thanks Andrew - the house is close to Binda station as opposed to banyo station i.e. one closer to town - do you know if that would that be affected by the proposal

Cheers

Mick
Some of the options are far reaching, going back almost to Toombul Rd with the works, so it would pay to investigate with council potentially.

Nothing has been decided yet as I understand the matter.

Back