Based in San Antonio Texas

Texas

September 2006

I arrived in San Antonio in Texas on Monday evening on the 18th at about 7.15. The trip with a seven hour stop over in Los Angeles took about 24 hours. I took one day out to rest and put some plans into place. On Wednesday morning I conducted my first sales meeting and immediately began the job of building and changing the company and establishing new systems.

San Antonio is a great city, the city centre is based around the Alamo and the world famous Riverwalk, consisting of restaurants and bars along around a mile of the river at under street level. San Antonio also has a zoo, one of only three Seaworlds in the United States and a great climate all year round.

It is also one of the fastest growing cities in the United States with many industries such as Toyota moving to San Antonio because of the low taxes and great lifestyle that the city offers. The cost of living here is low compared to many other cities in the United States.

The city has a population of 1.5 million people and is located just a hour away from the state capital of Austin, recently voted the most liveable city in the United States.

The property market in Texas overall is undervalued compared to the rest of the United States. Just as a comparison the medium price of property in California is around $540,000 compared to $139,000 in San Antonio. Clearly this allows for some great property deals. It is easy to buy positive cashflow properties here. Over the next few weeks I will continue to develop our investment company and at the same time I will explore the city in more detail and hopefully post some great examples of positive cashflow property deals and discuss the areas in which they are located.

Nice one Nigel. Will be interesting to hear about some of your deals. Are the prices you quoted in US$ or A$'s ?

Cheers

prices quoted

As I am earning my money in the United States I tend to think of all prices the same way so any examples that I give will be in US dollars. It is my intention to share my experiences on this site.

thread 7

Sorry Pitt Street, I do not understand your point or question. You criticized the way I post. I have accepted the comments and want to make it clear that I am not marketing anything to Australians. I am very busy running a business and learning a lot more about the market. As I learn more I will happily share the information with members of this forum.

Just as a comparison the medium price of property in California is around $540,000 compared to $139,000 in San Antonio.
The "medium" price?

You're a professional "property researcher" (as per your signature) - can you explain what the "medium" price is, and how its worked out?

Thanks,

Jamie.

Last edited:
Sorry Pitt Street, I do not understand your point or question. You criticized the way I post. I have accepted the comments and want to make it clear that I am not marketing anything to Australians. I am very busy running a business and learning a lot more about the market. As I learn more I will happily share the information with members of this forum.

Nigel

I've been hoping that you might be prepared to give people something worthwhile to the members of Somersoft, but it seems not .

Following on from Jamie's comment , you seem to be saying " most of the time " that you're not here to source deals for Australian , but that's not what you saying elsewhere .

e.g.

http://www.richmastery.com/forum/default.aspx?g=search

This means that I will be able to source some great deals for Australians and New Zealanders, from straight purchases to foreclosures and even renovation opportunities. We will be able to source finance on your behalf and we also work with one of the larges accounting firms in Texas who specialize in tax structures for international investors.

Since when was sourcing great deals not marketing...

Saying one thing to one group of people and then saying contradicting yourself somewhere else ..... . Is that reflective of how you run your business ? Is that refective of how you deal with your clients ? What do you take us for ? Total idiots ? The internet is small place .

There not many places for people who carry on like that to hide. Hopefully somersoft isn't one of them.

See Change

Saying one thing to one group of people and then saying contradicting yourself somewhere else ..... . Is that reflective of how you run your business ? Is that refective of how you deal with your clients ? What do you take us for ? Total idiots ? The internet is small place .

There not many places for people who carry on like that to hide. Hopefully somersoft isn't one of them.

Interestingly, there's a Nigel Kibble as a moderator on that forum. I wonder if it's the same person and if spelling it differently is so a google search doesn't pick it up?

Itsthis site

I am a moderator on Richmastery as they requested and I am writing on there site my experiences in the United States. Franky I am entitled to write on other web sites what I bloodly well like. I have stated that on somersoft I will supply information if people are interested if not I will not bother. Can I make my position any clearer

What rubbish

I have stated that I will not promote services here but will supply information on the market. Richmastrery have asked me to write on a regular basis my experiences. If I state that there may be good deals for Australians so what. The reason I am providing the information is so people can make up there own minds. I am running a real estate group in the United States. I am just trying to share my information. In terms of Richmastery I am a moderator, sorry, clearly they spelt my name wrong. I think there clearly are a number of idiots on this site.

The reality is that in Texas the market that I am aiming at is the american market. Should Australians interested I am happy to give then information.

Originally Posted by Nigel Kibel
Just as a comparison the medium price of property
Hi Nigel,

Can you explain what the "medium" price is? I just havent heard this term before.

Thanks,

Jamie.

This means that I will be able to source some great deals for Australians and New Zealanders,

I am a moderator on Richmastery as they requested and I am writing on there site my experiences in the United States.

Are you sourcing things for Aussies or just writing about your experiences in the US. These are two VASTLY different things.

I don't know about the rest of the people here, but I am sick & tired at your thinly disguised attempts at marketing. Why not go & take your infomercials somewhere else.

Try and read all my posts

The Richmastery site is not Somersoft.
Read all the post or bloggs that I have made.

I WILL NOT ADVERTISE HERE.

Can I be any clearer than this. Please pull up all my posts. I accepted the comments from people and will from now on only talk about my experiences.
Believe it or not I actually get people sending me messages from my posts.

If not I will not bother posting here.

Wicked deals?

duncan_m said:
The medium price is determined at a seance attended by the Vendor and Nigel before he markets the property to an Aussie.

Though Nigel possibly sometimes thinks he's been the subject of a witch hunt on this forum, he'll need to do one himself to practise this strategy. I believe there is even a book called 'The Seance of Getting Rich'.

Though 'buying medium' should work for Goldilocks over the long-term, I can't see it being useful to the flipping marketeer, whose job it is to buy low, sell high and pocket the margin.

But if Witch Property* can offer wicked deals on value-added and value-subtractive services, such as arrange to haunt the house, force a fast cheap sale, bring in the excorcist and generate instant equity, then that's a different story ;)

Peter

(*) not to be confused with whichproperty . com . au

Last edited by a moderator:
Ok guys settle down please :cool:

I for one am a numbers man.
I have seen no real numbers so far , no charts as Seech asks for, and obviously a lot of duplicating of posts by Nigel (as Pitt has pointed out).

But what if - after two weeks - he can produce actual figures / numbers of deals he is doing. Then back that up and say why these deals are so good???

Personally I am not interested - but this is a Property Forum isnt it.:confused:

Yes, I know people will say it's not a spammers site - but as Les has said , the mods have allowed Nigel's thread to continue - so lets give the guy a break and let him come back with some numbers.

Then we can discuss the merits of what he is doing.:)

Hi Nigel

Is it interesting , you come on to this site and people put you down about spamming . SS is a good market and people should be taking the oppertunity to learn , not put you down if they dont like what you write they dont have to read it . But people like myself love to hear the storys so please dont stop telling us about your wild adventures in Texas as I want to read all the storys and Im sure there are other people that want to read them as much.

E.Rosevelt once quoted (I know the spelling is wrong)

People with small minds put others down.
People with average minds talk about events.
People with great minds talk about ideas.

Nigel I want to hear about your ideas and aventures.

The easyiest thing in the world is to put someone down.
One of the easyist ways to learn is to listen .

I don't know about the rest of the people here, but I am sick & tired at your thinly disguised attempts at marketing. Why not go & take your infomercials somewhere else.
Skater

I'm prepared to take Nigel at his word, and for him to post details of what is happening, without any marketing.

I don't think there is the slightest risk of him overstepping that mark, as there are too many people in the forum who would jump down his throat if he did. I'm inclined to let him have that freedom to post according to his self imposed bounds.

So people, please let him have that amount of freedom.

Back