Basic/Simple PM Software

Hello All

I know this topic has been hashed over many times and I have gone into the archives with little luck in finding what I am after. I am after a really basic software package that allows you to self manage your IP's minus all the bells and whistles that is SIMPLE to use? The only thing I am after is one that you can enter in a tenant's rent payment and date paid, and it notes the amount paid and then works out when it is paid to. Thats all. Is there anything remotely resembling this animal? Grateful for any advice:D

Thanks everyone

We have looked at PM Pro but are hoping for something even more basic. So you must be more advanced than us Rob! Not too flash on excel so thats out too! I thought I saw something advertised in one of the property mags some months ago advertising an idiot proof package for the computer retarded but I can't seem to find it . Cheers:)

So you must be more advanced than us Rob!

It was Rixter who first pointed me in the direction of PM Pro. Now, there's a guy who likes to keep things simple and to the point!
You would be struggling to find anything more simple to use.
Are you sure you're not just "thinking" it's harder than it really is?
Bells and whistles? PM Pro doesn't have any :)

Sorry to hi jack thread, but what is PM Pro used for?

I understand it helps manage properties, but why do people need it? What does it do that you cant do without it?

Newbie question :eek:

Cheers

Mick

Hi MCS 80
For self managed IP's it just makes life a bit simpler. All I need is one that you can enter rent payments from tenants and it then automatically works when they are paid to. This really helps when tenants finally vacate and you need work out when they are paid up to for the final reconciliation . We used to do it manually years ago by physically collecting rent and isssuing a receipt book receipt. These days of course most trf the funds into our account so you then need to keep a ledger for each tenant. Can of course be done manually nut when you get a few IP's it can become a bit tedious. Also, some software tracks all manner of other expenses which can save your accountant time at end of FY which can also save you $'s by easing his workload :)

Just a question.

Would any of you recommended buying PM Pro as a learning exercise?

ie. I don’t own any IP yet, plan to own multiple IP's in the future. Would using it in a fake way help ?

Cheers

Mick

Last edited:
Hi I googled it last week and found Rent Master gives you a free trial for 60 days, good to learn from.
I also found a really good excel version fm a residential tenancies site. I will try and attach it.

Sorry I got lost in the upload part of it. I pressed upload and close window and its not here. If anyone wants it, just PM me.
Cheers

Hi I googled it last week and found Rent Master gives you a free trial for 60 days, good to learn from.
I also found a really good excel version fm a residential tenancies site. I will try and attach it.

Sorry I got lost in the upload part of it. I pressed upload and close window and its not here. If anyone wants it, just PM me.
Cheers

I've downloaded the Rent Master trial version. it has a huge range of functions and toolbars and reports!! i just need to figure out where to start off from i guess!

does anyone use this software at all? wondering whether the Property Manager Pro is better or basically the same. any preferences anyone??

All I need is one that you can enter rent payments from tenants and it then automatically works when they are paid to. This really helps when tenants finally vacate and you need work out when they are paid up to for the final reconciliation . We used to do it manually years ago by physically collecting rent and isssuing a receipt book receipt. These days of course most trf the funds into our account so you then need to keep a ledger for each tenant. Can of course be done manually nut when you get a few IP's it can become a bit tedious. Also, some software tracks all manner of other expenses which can save your accountant time at end of FY which can also save you $'s by easing his workload :)

I just had a play with excel and came up with this ledger.

Rent Collector 34KB

It should track arrears accurately throughout a tenancy.
It can be prettied up and have other bits added to it -
i.e. FY income and expenditure.

You will still need to manually enter your bank statement entries, which I suppose leaves room for errors....but you should be auditing the statements anyway.

Thanks WW

This looks like what I have been looking for. I am not too good with Excel but it looks pretty simple.

john.........:)

Back