Bathroom flooring - Experience required!

Hi All,

Currently renovating one of my properties which was previously inhabited by what looked to have been animals (aka tenants) who left it in a pretty bad way. Decided to rip the bathrooms apart and start fresh. Have just finished laying 6mm tile underlay sheeting onto yellow tongue flooring in the bathrooms and have realized I've made a slight mistake..

I have used 28mm galvanized clout nails as opposed to the specified 'tile underlay nail' which have slight groves on edges to help hold boards in position. Liquid nails was also used prior to laying boards.

Should I add proper 'tile underlay nails' in addition to current clouts or should be fine as is? Really don't want to sit there and nail another 1000 odd nails but thinking I may do so for peace of mind.

Also for anyone laying tile underlay in future, apparently liquid nails shouldn't be used as it becomes brittle when cured. Better options is to use a flexible adhesive. Although I've been told so many different things now I don't know what to believe! :confused:

Attachments

• IMG_3353 (1).JPG
    IMG_3353 (1).JPG
    382.4 KB · Views: 91
Back