Bathroom Proposed Reno

I am about to do my bathroom up as part of a larger reno of the whole place.

Currently the room is 2100 long x 1780 in width, there is a linin cupboard that protudes into the bathroom and access is via the hall to this cabinet. Shower is over the bath, and has a 900 vanity unit.

I was considering removing the linin cupboard and put in a seperate shower and a small 1225 bath (if they still make them) and either a 900 vanity unit or a 600 x 900 corner unit.

The linin I will be putting in the laundry. My reasoning for this layout is the place will be designed for a family so the bath is for kids so a standard size bath I feel is not required and the shower will accommodate / suit the adults.

I also am not a fan of shower over baths the chance of slipping is always greater getting out.

If I delete the shower and only have a shower over a bath the room will be bigger.

Opinions from others would be most welcome, re shower over bath / and forget the seperate shower or go the seperate shower.

Brian

Frequently work with this size bathroom with most having a seperate shower. We always remove the shower and put in a shower over bath.

Here are some pics of result in another post.

http://www.somersoft.com/forums/showpost.php?p=662469&postcount=15

As you indicate you can't drop the bath with kids or tenants with kids so we always leave a bath. As far as slipping if the tenant feels that this is a risk they can easily get themselves one of those rubber mats to put in the bath.

Cheers

i don't know what feed back you require, but if your clever enough to do the work your self it might cost you $2000 but since you made the post it could cost you more like $5000, depending on the tiles and how many you use.

we recently put in a shower over the bath and bought a bath that is slightly wider than normal, has a flatish bottom and squared off at the plug end to give more "shower" room.

it's still curved at all corners - but not as much as a standard bath for safety reasons. also put a 10cm ledge in around the entire bath to act as somewhere for the shampoo etc to sit.

i don't know what feed back you require, but if your clever enough to do the work your self it might cost you $2000 but since you made the post it could cost you more like $5000, depending on the tiles and how many you use.

I have no problems doing the works, I guess I worded my post badly. I was after peoples opinions as this is my 1st IP on what they do or have found people prefer.

What is existing is shower over bath, I was just thinking a seperate shower would be better in getting a tenants and if we elect to sell down the track this would be a positive as well.

I was also going to speak to the real estate agent and get his view point as well his patch so to speak.

Brian

Also whats your opinions of mixer taps against standard 3 in line.

Handyandy - what is your white wall sheeting?

Brian

Also whats your opinions of mixer taps against standard 3 in line.

Handyandy - what is your white wall sheeting?

Brian

They are 600X 300 white rectified (meaning square edge) tiles. They just don't show up well in the pics.

Here is a pic where you can just see the outline.

Image006.jpg

As per Lizzie's post you can get shower baths which have a flatter bottom and are also dimpled or in some other way slightly rough to provide a better footing. (these are the type we use).

Re mixer taps - we install mixer taps at the basin and also kitchen but stay with the standard taps for the bath shower, mainly because I am not a fan of mixer in showers.

Cheers

Go the mixer taps. Otherwise you'll get continual job requests to replace washers. Tenants are seemingly incapable of performing this high spec technical work. :rolleyes:

Back