Bathroom rejuvenation

About to renovate a 2bed unit with new floor, kitchen, paint, etc, but dod not want to completely replace the bathroom. It is in quite good nick, just outdated and a bit tired looking.

Anyone had any experience with "re-enamalling" the bath tub or painting floors tiles? I've heared that due to the traffic on the floor tiles, not a good idea to paint?

Or are there other ideas for the bath and floor tiles I've not throught of?

Cheers.

Few companies around that do bathtub resprays.

As for painting tiles white knight has a tile paint.
Have a friend who had just painted his bathroom unit with it by brush.
Lightened the room up 100% but looks a bit dodgy.

Sounds like your spending a bit on the reno and would be a shame not to
at least replace the floor tiles.

I ripped up a floor on an IP recently myself with jackhammer and got the
pro's in for the tiling.

Anyone had any experience with "re-enamalling" the bath tub or painting floors tiles?
For bath-tub use White Knight Tub & Tile 2 pack epoxy. For wall tiles use White Knight Tile Paint.

I've heared that due to the traffic on the floor tiles, not a good idea to paint?
You heard right. Paint is white gloss & not recommended for floors.

Or are there other ideas for the bath and floor tiles I've not throught of?
Yes - do a search on "White Knight" in the Adding Value forum - lots of posts in there:D

For bath-tub use White Knight Tub & Tile 2 pack epoxy. For wall tiles use White Knight Tile Paint.

You heard right. Paint is white gloss & not recommended for floors.

Yes - do a search on "White Knight" in the Adding Value forum - lots of posts in there:D

As usual, you were right ......... the search function provided the goods again :eek:

Didn't know about the tub epoxy, was going to use tile paint on the walls. I reckon the floor tiles will scrub up alright, if not after doing the rest of the bathroom, will just tile over the current floor tiles.

Thanks for the tips.

use the white night tile and tub paint, i brushed it on.
by the 2nd coat u get the hang of it and it drys smooth.

looks great :)

I have a bright aqua '80s special bath. I'm thinking that bath paint is the go in this case.

The rest of the bathroom is pink/green/blue/navy and untiled (even the shower recess is just plain plastered walls, no tiles). The floor is slate and the sealant has worn off so it flakes like you wouldn't believe, truly horrid stuff. Funny, we're in the middle of painting and tiling it.

I've done floors with white knight and don't recommend it. I've done walls with white knight and I'm staring at them now 5 years later without a scratch. For the ones I'm staring at I took them down off the walls (they were in the bathroom), painted them, and then put them back up (in the kitchen).

I've tried painting them while they were still in place, but then the paint covers the mortor and doesn't look as good.

I just renovated my bathroom and looked into re-enameling. Got a quote to paint the whole lot and it seemed just as expensive as replacement and re-tiling, if not more. I found some re-enameling places advised against doing the floor and would only do the walls. I looked into re-enameling the bath only but found it cost about the same to get a new bath. The new bath looks better as well because it’s a bit more modern and taller.

With the floor, we ended up tiling over the existing floor. It was easier than trying to rip up the existing mosaic tiles.

I’ve tried painting tiles with tile paint in the past myself but the finish wasn’t very good. I wouldn't do that again.

Back