Bathroom reno advice needed!

What should we install?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
We have an IP that we are currently running as a B&B. The bathroom is in desperate need of an overhaul but we need advice. Our 1st priority is to improve resale value. Our 2nd priority is to entice guests.
The bathroom currently has shower, bath, vanity. There is a toilet adjoining and then a laundry in the room beyond.
Should we:
a) Install separate shower and 1 person spa bath?
b) Install 2 person spa bath with shower head over bath at one end?
Also, retiling the floor will mean doing adjoining toilet and small laundry as well. What kind of tiling costs do you think we'd be up for?

If anyone can suggest cheap places in Melbourne/Frankston area for spa baths, vanity, shower, tiles, it would be greatly appreciated.

Cheers,
kells:eek:

Attachments

• tiny bathroom.jpg
    tiny bathroom.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 102
Being a B&B I'd go with the 2 person Spa.
Standard rental would have been the single.

Good option!

We ran a B&B for 2 years, and one of the bathrooms had a corner spa with the shower over it.

Worked fine.

The only problem you may have is where to put the blower/motor for the spa.

In ours, we had to build a shelf and box it in next to, and attached to the spa. It looked like a nice little corner shelf for things like soaps, oils etc, but it had a lift up lid so you could get at the blower for repairs etc.

Thanks, David... does that mean that a bathroom reno will generally add only $2000 to sale price?
(Hardly seems worth doing...)

Oh I'm sorry, I wrote that response to the wrong thread!

For a B&B I'd say go the spa. You can charge extra for the 'spa' room, right?

Do you mean the 2 person spa, David, with the shower head over one end? Or the 1 person spa with separate shower?

As the cottage is self-contained, it only has one bathroom, so it's not an ensuite.

Back