Bathroom reno ideas

I really like a separate toilet especially for the main bathroom but you know it is all the rage to have a large bathroom these days, so if you have to have a toilet in it to open it up, then I'd do it if I was selling - which you are not! So go with your plan of keeping everything where it is, and keep your price down, as you can always open up later. It is return on investment.

Bank valuers go on sq meters and facilities, not style but I'm no expert just observed how stupid they are when they came to value my PPOR as there is no comparison house in the street and it is not a 'standard' house. We've got underfloor heating and special bushfire protection systems but they didnt' seem to care at all!

I really like a separate toilet especially for the main bathroom but you know it is all the rage to have a large bathroom these days, so if you have to have a toilet in it to open it up, then I'd do it if I was selling - which you are not! So go with your plan of keeping everything where it is, and keep your price down, as you can always open up later. It is return on investment.

Bank valuers go on sq meters and facilities, not style but I'm no expert just observed how stupid they are when they came to value my PPOR as there is no comparison house in the street and it is not a 'standard' house. We've got underfloor heating and special bushfire protection systems but they didnt' seem to care at all!

Thanks for taking the time to stop by.

Do you mean they go on sq meters for the house and land or sq meters of the room?

I am still unsure of what I am going to do with the place, I was adamant that I was going to put tenants in and move on to the next one but I am questioning that a bit now as I have no real need to move at this point in time.

I have switched my loan to IO and offset for the purpose of claiming the interest once it is tenanted so I guess no harm done with just putting the money in the offset while I make my mind up over the next few months.

I think valuers go on sq m of whole house but will look how many bedrooms/bathrooms and what size and size of land, quality of building materials in the structure and the fittings, age of building, extras such as swimming pools etc.

This is interesting: my friend had a large 4 bedroom brick veneer house and she pulled down 2 walls and made 2 large bedrooms. And did all kinds of other renovations - the place looked spectacular but effectively when the valuer came he saw only a well fitted out 2 bed-roomed house. She kept running after him saying, look when we come to sell, we'll put walls back up and make it into a 4 bedder again! But the valuer wasn't interested!

It is different with the Real Estate agent valuer - they look at it through buyer's eyes and can see if it has the 'wow' factor that will make people emotional.

I think you are wise to keep it as PPOR until you are sure because you will pay no interest if you decide to sell if you don't rent it out. Wait and see how you feel but don't leave it too late to get into buying an IP. Good luck.

Back