Bathroom Tile Quote

We need to replace the pipes in the shower of an IP as they are leaking.

We have been quoted $1265 inc GST from a tiler which includes supply of white tiles, supply of soap dish, waterproofing of shower, glue and labour. The area is around 4 m square.

Just wanting to know what other people have paid for similar jobs and whether the quote is reasonable... (I think it is expensive)

time to get some other quotes.... the tiles would retail for about $80, the waterproofing stuff wouldn't be more than $15, etc. even at $100/hr, that quote seems high.

going in from the other side probably wouldn't work.

The procedure as I see it.

Supply all materials.
The tiler will need to remove shower screen, tiles & substrait.
Plumber needs to be organized to repair pipes the same day.
Tiler prepares walls for waterproofing ( sheet walls ) & waterproofs.
Most waterproofing needs two coats that may push it into another day.
Tile walls.
Come back to grout.

That could be five visits.
The cost to do all this seem reasonable.

Gerd

Hi Path2Paradise

If this is a burst pipe check your building insurance, most over the work involved
in removing tiles, plaster, screens etc. to locate burst pipe, plus the rectification
of plaster, tiling etc.

They generally don't cover the cost of repairing/replacing the pipe which is usually
only a small part of the cost.

Cheers

Pete

We need to replace the pipes in the shower of an IP as they are leaking.

We have been quoted $1265 inc GST from a tiler which includes supply of white tiles, supply of soap dish, waterproofing of shower, glue and labour. The area is around 4 m square.

Just wanting to know what other people have paid for similar jobs and whether the quote is reasonable... (I think it is expensive)

You don't mention to fix the root cause.

Hopefully, this involves removing and replacing the leaky pipe.

Cheers,

F

this seems reasonable to me, are the pipes leaking though???

places to look , check the shower head is not leaking,
check the flat washers are also not leaking, and the little " O " rings on the spindels are good too.
The larger quote , might be to tile and water proof the entire shower hob, not just one wall. ??

their are a few visits for this price , 1st visit removal, 2nd visit is the second coat of water proofing, third is tiling the floor, 4th is tiling the walls , and lastly the grout, and fit off!

Thanks .toe, hadn't thought of that option.... it is a post war house so Bathroom is in the very back corner of the house, so both external walls of the shower are facing outside - if that makes sense.

Fudge that is just the quote for the Tiler, the Plumber is seperate and yes has to remove and replace the pipes....

Back