bathroom under a highset

Im looking for advice on anyone that has added a bathroom under a highset...or if someone was going to attempt to do it..what would be the most economical way to do it

Im going to get a plumber around next week, but I thought I would put this out there first to see if anyone has had any experience with this, as I would also like a base figure to work from, so I know im not going to get ripped off!!

the photo attached shows the laundry underneath and if you look above you will see the pipes from the above bathroom and toilet coming down.. they then run down the outside

how difficult would it to be to add a toilet and shower to this area? im fine with all the tiling and walls and flooring etc but its the plumbing im concerned about as I have to really do this on a tight budget

also I don't care about quality etc as its only for me, and ill worry about those things when I sell... if I ever do

any input about $$$, even if its only a guess would be appreciated

cheers

Attachments

• IMG_0283.jpg
    IMG_0283.jpg
    608.8 KB · Views: 83
We have just had our plumber look at a very similar set up under our son's house. There is a toilet there now under the upstairs toilet, and that sits between two DTs (traps), so it won't be difficult or expensive to pop in a shower if he decides to add one and just join it to the existing waste.

We didn't really discuss cost but a year ago we looked at adding a shower to another downstairs area (different house) where there was already a toilet. It was going to cost us about $1K (from memory) to cut through the cement slab and hook up the waste. Then it was just the wall sheeting, tiling and plumbing. You could buy one of those "all in one" enclosures (900 x 900 about $350 and 900 x 1200 about $800 on ebay) and that saves sheeting and tiling.

Your photo seems to show waste already there for the laundry, so I reckon a couple of grand (or less) would see you with a shower, depending on how fancy you want it.

Hi james start,

As you have all plumbing/piping above,it's just a matter of the plumber hooking up.

Source materials from ebay,gumtree etc will help in lowering costs.

Good luck and would be good to see the after pics :)

Cheers Spades.

Back