Bathurst is awesome

Wash your mouth out with soap, young lady!! :D

Being a mother is a very noble (and tough) occupation!! ;)

Someone has to do the easy jobs :p

In all seriousness though I could not be a stay at home parent. Love my little bloke dearly but would go mad without adult conversation. That and most of the school mums seem to be so bitchy at my kids school.

I don't need much encouragement :)

Baby photos too cute:)

I don't have an occupation. I studied, travelled and worked in random jobs through my 20s, met my husband at 29, he supported me while we lived in Spain and I didn't have any working rights.

Bathurst may be awesome, but I pick living in Spain;)

Yes, being a mum is definitely a hard job. You know how sleep deprivation is a form of torture? Well I reckon concentration deprivation is another one. Yes, the sleeplessness at night sucks, but not getting to focus on anything for longer than 30 seconds at time during the day sucks just as much.

You never have time to finish anything. I have to get dressed in stages, make food in stages, write emails in stages, everything in stages. I'm lucky if 1/4 of the things I start in a day ever get finished. Much easier to have a hard, 'thinky' job, where you actually get to practice single-mindedness.

SYD, I'm guessing there's only one Indian restaurant in Bathurst?

MTR, we'll move back to Barcelona or Madrid in a few years. We've agreed to split our time between Spain and Australia for the rest of our lives. I think our little girl will be very lucky to grow up in Sydney, Barcelona and a little hobby farm in Bathurst. The best of all worlds :p

I stopped in Bathhurst whilst touring on a motorcycle last year. I just wanted to see the circuit and I had no idea that it was a public road and I could ride around it.

Being at the top and looking down through the curves gave me a new respect for the V8 drivers.

Nice motel, friendly folk and a great stop over.

Attachments

• 2012-12-27 16.21.24.jpg
    2012-12-27 16.21.24.jpg
    100.6 KB · Views: 51
.MTR, we'll move back to Barcelona or Madrid in a few years. We've agreed to split our time between Spain and Australia for the rest of our lives. I think our little girl will be very lucky to grow up in Sydney, Barcelona and a little hobby farm in Bathurst. The best of all worlds :p

Hi Luce
Oh what a terrible problem you have, I really feel for you... 6 months in Barcelona and 6 months on the hobby farm.

My favourite part of the world is Spain, glorious:)

I stopped in Bathhurst whilst touring on a motorcycle last year. I just wanted to see the circuit and I had no idea that it was a public road and I could ride around it.

Being at the top and looking down through the curves gave me a new respect for the V8 drivers.

Nice motel, friendly folk and a great stop over.

One of my best mates is dieing of motor neurone disease and he always wanted to visit Mount Panorama. So me and a few of his friends took him there 6 months ago and did some laps. He's on the 3 wheeler. He can't even ride that anymore and is just about buggered.

See ya's.

I too love living in the country - and find even going back to Newcastle a bit on the nerves. To many people/cars.

However - it does have it's downside.

The new local Bunnings is looking to hire and I'd love to apply - but - the school bus doesn't go anywhere near our place, we have no family to do school runs/holidays and wouldn't touch the local after school care if you had a choice ... and hubby's work hours are - leave 6am, home 4pm so no good there.

I could always work 9-2 (if possible) 5 days a week - but then what about school hols? Who would take junior to get her cast reset today after coming off her horse last week? All the little things would suddenly become so much more complicated ... for the sake of perhaps $500/wk

p.s. had an uncle die of Motor Neurone around 3 years ago ... awful awful disease

Back