Baulkham Hills single bed

The other day I was at Stockland Mall and some agent of Dyldam was selling OTP units for the building that is going to be constructed at the corner of Windsor and Seven Hills Road, I got interested and inquired and put my name down, few days later got email with some image files and price. They're quoting 605K for single bed apartment in that jungle of apartments they're going to build.

I can't reconcile that price range for single bed in my mind but I could be wrong and hence was hoping to know what others familiar with area think about this.

The sunset date is 3 years (2018), 10% deposit.

Yes, I see lot of them selling above 600K but I wonder, in year or two when these are all ready, will there be renters willing to pay 600 to 750 a week for one bedder?

If they can afford that, they can afford to buy a second hand house or apartment in nearby suburbs, better than paying rent.

the strata costs would be high too due to the size of the entire block and competition as well since not all 600 odd apartments are going to be owner occupied.

Exactly my thoughts and hence it doesn't make good proposition as an investor to me but again I might be missing another aspect of this.....

You're 10000000% right mate! hahaha it's not worth the investment being:
1. 1 bedroom units
2. 600k +
3. Distant to CBD - 30km+ to CBD
4. No Train station, Only buses
5. Rental Yield is 4%.

I don't see anything positive, unless if our rate drop to 0%...

Dont think this place is in the catchement of the famous schools around this area. Much of the growth has been triggered because of the selective school.

Maybe desperate young couples who want to purchase something? The hills area has many real estate agents that are deliberately under quoting the prices for properties to showboat to other potential sellers (receive their silly flyers on a weekly basis, sold property x for above $150,000 asking/ listed price). A unit near my street was listed for above $589,000 and it sold for $715,000. I recall also the silly prices for Green Square.

Wow
Times have changed

Makes prices in other areas seem reasonable :p

Yeah but you get water views of the 20x20m lake haha

In saying that I think the one bedders started at like 490k. I would take Rouse Hill over Baulkham Hills..I like the shops and the general feel there.. Thats just me though.

Dont think this place is in the catchement of the famous schools around this area. Much of the growth has been triggered because of the selective school.

The only school that has a catchment area and has an OC class is Matthew Pierce and being at the school has nothing to do with getting in to the OC class.
Baulkham Hills High is selective but that has nothing to do with where you live. It's purely on entrance exam.

Only a small part of Baulkham Hills is in the catchment area of Matthew Pierce and all of it has gone crazy.

If this OTP was starting in 2011 and finishing in 2014 you would have been on a winner but buying an OTP at the end of a boom is suicide. Good luck getting finance for the whole amount in 3 years time. I saw it happen in the last boom.

The only school that has a catchment area and has an OC class is Matthew Pierce and being at the school has nothing to do with getting in to the OC class.
Baulkham Hills High is selective but that has nothing to do with where you live. It's purely on entrance exam.

Only a small part of Baulkham Hills is in the catchment area of Matthew Pierce and all of it has gone crazy.

If this OTP was starting in 2011 and finishing in 2014 you would have been on a winner but buying an OTP at the end of a boom is suicide. Good luck getting finance for the whole amount in 3 years time. I saw it happen in the last boom.

Yes thats right. I know a colleague at work who moved from her house in Baulkham hills to another part that was part of the Matthew P catchment (rental) due to her children going to that school. Apparently she told me that its almost an assured way for her children to go to a selective school like Baulkham Hill High or James Ruse. Not sure about that.

I imagine chances would be quite high if you can get into OC classes during year 5 & 6 at Matthew Pearce.

Not sure if same could be said for Non OC

2 bed OTP prices are bit... Stupid... I mean who is buying these for 1 mill.....

44 KM To CBD.. Even with the new Train station... It will take over 1 hour to get to the city. 1 Mill.......... *Speechless*

What's the potential rent ? 550 per week? whats the strata ? LOL!

Back