beachboxes

I think you will find they ALL have a residency restriction. You can do less with them than a garden shed.
Tis pos that insurance on the garden shed would be easier than the Beach Box.
Having said that its quite difficult to take the garden shed down to the beach.

Gerd

I have beach box in rosebud that is valued at the same as what I paid for it 4 years ago. We pay council rates and a fee to the local ranger as well as compulsary public liability insurance.
So as a financial investment I would say no way, But as a lifestyle investment it has been the best money i have spent in a long time with family and friends getting together on warm days. The kids love that all their toys are at the beach ready for them, we keep a BBQ there and have many warm nights dining on the beach.
cheers
Andrew

There was an article in one of the investment magazines (sorry I don't know which issue). Go to the library I think it had the beach boxes on the front.

It showed past sales. Some areas did very well, while others hardly moved in price in the last 10 years.

Research- good luck.

hrmmm

to anamax, as being a "touro" as we call you, just be careful with your beachbox alot do get burnt or trashed during the winter months by locals as im a MP local myself and i have seen many been thrashed and burnt before. thats the only thing that pisses me off and im reconsidering not buying one myself.

Thanks Steve. Mine is quite a distance from the general population so it has tended to avoid damage so far. Its also a bessa brick construction with very solid doors which helps. I saw a fire bug was active last year and burnt a few around Dromana and Rosebud.
Andrew

yer thats right it happens alot actually and alot of graffiti damage too in the winter months. i have known of people to try and sink boats at blairgowrie yacht squadron also

Dont buy at south beach mt Martha your asking for a massive price for a beach box some have been quoted around 250k!!!!!!! and i have seen a few around 200K...crazy!!!!!! yes mills beach is the g-o if your going to buy a beachbox, a good mate of mines family has one in there and its real good :) they paid like 18k a few years ago

Well if you have the money it seems a beach box is quite 'convenient.

$455,000 sale at Portsea.
http://www.theage.com.au/business/p...king-outside-the-beach-box-20100131-n6jv.html

Auctioneer Warwick Anderson said the sale of Boat Shed 21 on Shelley Beach in Portsea eclipsed the previous record of $362,000 two years ago.

''The new buyers both have houses off the cliff, out the back of Portsea,'' he said. ''They were sick of lugging all their stuff up and down the beach.''​

I know that beach pretty well as the folks live 700m away. Very exclusive, most of the punters round there have so much coin they don't know what to do with it. Small houses on the cliff there go for 5m, large ones can bring anything.
Small change for those people.

re

Noted in the article, that each of the partner have their own sea side properties nearby... so this is obviously a 'hobbie property".

Not sure about the investiment value tho. I think beach boxes like this are more like millionaire's play toys - too much risks.

Warrenkh.2010

Noted in the article, that each of the partner have their own sea side properties nearby... so this is obviously a 'hobbie property".

Not sure about the investiment value tho. I think beach boxes like this are more like millionaire's play toys - too much risks.

Warrenkh.2010

I don't agree, you can't build anymore and they are in hot demand. Sure there no yield but the double digit cg makes it not all bad plus your target market for selling has a virtual unlimited supply of cash.

Sure there no yield but the double digit cg makes it not all bad
What do you reckon the CG return and holding duration have to be to make it worthwhile, considering there is no rental yield, no negative gearing, no bank loan, high maintenance costs and lost opportunity costs?

Back