Beachlands Auckland NZ

I am currently building in Beachlands East Auckland New Zealand and have been looking for a place to rent whilst i build.
It appears there is a chronic shortage of rental properties at the moment. I am on a waiting list at a realestate agent and am number 30 on the list.
I realise that good rental demand in a area is a desirable criterea.

Facts about Beachlands. alot of property has sea views, a new upmarket subdivision is to be released soon with lots of about 1300sqm.
Basically all existing houses are over $300 000.

Council allows minor dwelling up to 60sm on some property's if they fit certain criteria.

obviously people will have to do there own numbers on the area. All I know is it has great demand currently.

Your post nearly made me cry.

Before my partner and I left Auckland 17 years ago we nearly bought a house in Beachlands. We were 19 years old and it was too big a decision for us at the time so we left it. Now with a bit of IP savvy were regret not making that choice.

The house was one of those great old weatherboard bachs with a flat roof and no eves on a huge block - 1/3 of an acre. It was on one of the roads that runs along the edge of the peninsular with big Hauraki Gulf views due north.

Prime location and only $42,000!!!!!!! Hindsight is a wonderful thing.

For all you Sydneysiders it's kind of like Bundeena.

Well they finally have released the satge 1 of the new subdivision in Beachlands. Stage 1 went on market friday and sold out within the day. All sites had vast sea views. $180-220 K.

It appears the demand was huge and people were queing up to get a property.

Back