Beautiful Tinnanbar bargain

Anyone interested in a bit of a bargain at Tinnanbar, this place is worth checking out http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-tinnanbar-107498861

Auction this Saturday 23 July 2011,at 11am. Would be great for someone from the fishing fraternity.

Tinnanbar is a tiny village on the Fraser Coast,just north of Tin Can Bay, Qld. Do a search on the forum for Tinnanbar as I have waxed lyrically about this beautiful little place quite a bit. No, it isn't my property nor does it belong to a friend, relative or anyone else I know. I just think it will probably be a good value buy. I am simply a keen follower of Tinnanbar real estate (and there's plenty for sale at the moment). I already own a block at Tinnanbar and intend to build and move down in the next couple of years. Quiet, no crowds, no shops, limited mobile coverage, just lots of beach, fishing and lazing about - my idea of heaven.

Anyone interested in a bit of a bargain at Tinnanbar, this place is worth checking out http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-tinnanbar-107498861

Auction this Saturday 23 July 2011,at 11am. Would be great for someone from the fishing fraternity.

Tinnanbar is a tiny village on the Fraser Coast,just north of Tin Can Bay, Qld. Do a search on the forum for Tinnanbar as I have waxed lyrically about this beautiful little place quite a bit. No, it isn't my property nor does it belong to a friend, relative or anyone else I know. I just think it will probably be a good value buy. I am simply a keen follower of Tinnanbar real estate (and there's plenty for sale at the moment). I already own a block at Tinnanbar and intend to build and move down in the next couple of years. Quiet, no crowds, no shops, limited mobile coverage, just lots of beach, fishing and lazing about - my idea of heaven.

are you going to the auction? if so please report back.

auction is a strange way to market a property in Tinnanbar. maybe someone desperate to offload. someone might get a bargain.

Tinnanbar auction

Will I be attending the auction? Today combines a couple of my favourite things; real estate and Tinnanbar, so I wouldn't miss it. I'm sure it will be a bargain, as the owners tried to sell it unsuccessfully for ages themselves on realestate.com Started out about $1 million (waaay overpriced) and gradually kept reducing the price. Probably very keen to sell by now I'd say. Will let you know what happens today in beautiful downtown Tinnanbar.

Will I be attending the auction? Today combines a couple of my favourite things; real estate and Tinnanbar, so I wouldn't miss it. I'm sure it will be a bargain, as the owners tried to sell it unsuccessfully for ages themselves on realestate.com Started out about $1 million (waaay overpriced) and gradually kept reducing the price. Probably very keen to sell by now I'd say. Will let you know what happens today in beautiful downtown Tinnanbar.

wonderful. can't wait to hear.

yes, 20 months is a long time and 1m is absurd. i see they got down to asking 520 ONO and that was 6 months ago. it appears to be a bank sale, although R&H removed that from the ad after a week or so. i wonder if the vendor managed to keep the bank at bay or they decided they didn't want to market it as that? i guess all will be revealed when you post in a few hours. enjoy the fishing!

i'll take a wild stab - passed in on vendor bid of 520k, highest real bid of 350k if not bank owned.

i'll take a wild stab - passed in on vendor bid of 520k, highest real bid of 350k if not bank owned.

RE has quoted 300K to 400K range.

This is probably the worst type of property to sell in the present market.

I would assume they either have no choice in selling (or bank owned) or are oblivious to the state of the market (and are in denial if you say it was previously 1M) and are able to take it off if it doesn't sell.

My guess is the market in this area, like many areas similar, came to a standstill in 2008 and has stayed that way ever since.

A wild stab, there were probably no bidders or lowball offers presented.

Tinnanbar auction result!!!

An update on the Tinnanbar auction I attended yesterday. Over 30 people were there, although admittedly many were locals going for a sticky beak (about 20 permanents live there). It was a bank mortgagee sale, as some of you thought. First bid was $100,000 and it finally sold for $260,000. Considering just the block of land (607m) was last valued at $202,500, this was an amazing bargain.

It took me just under an hour to drive there from Gympie and much of the road into Tinnanbar is gravel, but once you come into the village and see that amazing ocean view...all worthwhile. If you haven't been into this quiet little gem, it is well worth a look. Quite a bit of real estate for sale. Probably more suited to holidaying, although it is only about half an hour to Maryborough (north) or Tin Can Bay (south). We intend to build on our block and move down permanently. Living in such a beautiful and peaceful spot will be worth the long daily drive.

An update on the Tinnanbar auction I attended yesterday. Over 30 people were there, although admittedly many were locals going for a sticky beak (about 20 permanents live there). It was a bank mortgagee sale, as some of you thought. First bid was $100,000 and it finally sold for $260,000. Considering just the block of land (607m) was last valued at $202,500, this was an amazing bargain.

It took me just under an hour to drive there from Gympie and much of the road into Tinnanbar is gravel, but once you come into the village and see that amazing ocean view...all worthwhile. If you haven't been into this quiet little gem, it is well worth a look. Quite a bit of real estate for sale. Probably more suited to holidaying, although it is only about half an hour to Maryborough (north) or Tin Can Bay (south). We intend to build on our block and move down permanently. Living in such a beautiful and peaceful spot will be worth the long daily drive.

thanks tiggy.

the locals i know don't want the road sealed. they think it would attract too many day trippers.

Back