Beechboro V Marangaroo

kIDD1 The property price has dropped now - it may be in your price range.

MTR - I have a lot of materials I could use for reno's, so my main expenses would be labour for tiler and possibly some cabinetmaking. It would be OK if you were confident prices would go up during that period, or if you could hold for a while if prices went south. Overall it's a bit too risky and a lot of effort for me.

16 yrs ago my neighbour paid $40k for land and $40k to build house. Now it's worth about $500k. Is there still money to be made in property???

I'm going to do the rounds in Marangaroo this w/e, hopefully the ones I like are open.
Not going to the bank until next Friday so there's no incredible rush to look at the houses outside of home opens until we at least have pre-app.

I'm often careful with Kiara though, it is mighty close to Lockridge. I know beechboro isn't much further away, but when we're talking lockridge, every metre counts doesn't it?

And you brought up a great point with the maintanence of the bassendean properties. It might look ok, and you might bring it back to life with a lick of paint... but it's in a year or two when things may come undone.

something like this for example, at least it's brick. I live around the corner so I've had a chance to look at it in the flesh and it ain't as bad as it looks.
http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-bassendean-106616761

This property was reno'd and resold. It would be interesting to know the numbers, I don't think there would have been much profit.

http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-wa-bassendean-112151643

I've been looking for a little over 2 months now, and with a budget of ~380k I have narrowed it down to the area between beechboro & marangaroo (incl Ballajura, Alexander Heights, Mirrabooka).

I would have liked to have gotten something a little closer to the City & River, but areas like Eden Hill & Bassendea seem to have run over 400k mark before my eyes, although there are still a couple that creep near the 390k mark from time to time.

The question I have for you guys... would it better to buy something smaller (450-500m2) in somewhere like Eden Hill or Bassendean?.. Or am I worth spending a little bit less ($360-$390) in order to get a decent 750m2 block in Beechboro (closer to Beechboro Rd, not Altone). I am more interested in the Beechboro concept at the moment but am keen to hear your opinions, fire away...

I would look closely at Beechboro there are pockets that will be rezoned, within the next 12 months I am told. I know someone who has purchased many in this area, you may want to contact Council.

I would look closely at Beechboro there are pockets that will be rezoned, within the next 12 months I am told. I know someone who has purchased many in this area, you may want to contact Council.

Sorry MTR, dug up an old thread from years ago! :)

probably more like 24 months, but still definitely going ahead.. According to contacts at WAPC, they refused to adopt Swan's Urban Housing Strategy unless it was part of an overall Local Planning Strategy. Swan are now preparing the planning strategy but it will be about 9-12 months for this to be adopted. Then Swan needs to amend their town planning scheme to give the rezoning statutory effect.

Beechboro could still represent some good opportunities though for those willing to wait it out as there are a few (getting less) 4 bedroom houses on future development sites for mid $300's, although they are becoming rarer.

Alexander heights thoughts

Hi Perth peeps,

Any more recent thoughts on alexander heights? I am looking to purchase my first IP around that area and was just after any ones opinions as to where they think it is at the moment, where its going, do you think it is a good time to buy, would you buy now etc.

Back