Before and After pics

Hi all,

Thought you might like to see some before and after photos from a client of mine who I helped achieve a $137,500 profit from their reno a few months back. They purchased the property for $250,000 and spent $64,500 on renovating it (which took 3 months and they paid professionals to do all the work for them - ie No DIY what-so-ever).

After being on the market for 3 weeks, it sold for $452,000, leaving them with a net profit (before tax and selling costs) of $137,500.

Not a bad little profit for a 3 month turn-around!

Just goes to show that when you buy well, and do the right things (and maybe even ask advice from a professional renovating-for-profit design consultant - wink wink!) great profits can be made!

Limit is 5 photos on here so balance of photos on our website if you're interested http://hotspaceconsultants.com/sneak-peak/dumba-lane-ferny-hills-brisbane

Exterior - Before
Dumba_St_Exterior_-_BEFORE_Big.png

Exterior - After
Dumba_St_Exterior_-_AFTER_Big.png

Lounge - Before
Dumba_St_Lounge.Kitchen_-_BEFORE_Big.png

Lounge - After
Dumba_St_Lounge.Kitchen_-_AFTER_Big.png

Kitchen - Before
Dumba_St_Kitchen_-_BEFORE_Big.png

Looks good, but I think that paying 250 in ferny hills is probably more of an achievement than the Reno itself , how could you not make money after paying for a property that low in that location?

Hi all,

Thought you might like to see some before and after photos from a client of mine who I helped achieve a $137,500 profit from their reno a few months back. They purchased the property for $250,000 and spent $64,500 on renovating it (which took 3 months and they paid professionals to do all the work for them - ie No DIY what-so-ever).

After being on the market for 3 weeks, it sold for $452,000, leaving them with a net profit (before tax and selling costs) of $137,500.

The cost of reno, is this something you coordinated, or you just supplied the ideas and they followed through with their own trades?

Main reason i ask is that I have an IP which is need of a refresh and i want to extract more equity out... getting more rent is merely a bonus.

$250 000 purchase price... really?

Wow.

Just needed to get the place habital to make an easy $100 000 after that purchase price.

amazing!!!!!!! I thought that perhaps this sort of timeframe wasn't possible for australia. I am definitely up for giving this a go myself.

Hi all, thanks for your comments. Yes I'm really happy with this project. So thrilled for my clients who are only in their early 30's!

The cost of reno, is this something you coordinated, or you just supplied the ideas and they followed through with their own trades?

Main reason i ask is that I have an IP which is need of a refresh and i want to extract more equity out... getting more rent is merely a bonus.

I supplied the ideas to the client by way of a 'Renovation Action Plan' which is a full interior/exterior plan which tells them exactly what to do, including parts of the house to reno, colours, finishes etc for kitchen, bathroom/s, flooring, walls, window dressings, exterior of house, fences, driveway, outdoor living spaces etc (every part of the house). It's a bit like a renovation road map. Here is a sample for anyone interested. View attachment ExampleHotspaceRenovationActionPlan.pdf

Moderator, feel free to remove if not allowed.

Hi Jane,

I've previously heard of you from Tonibell already, my Bris IP is unrenovated and I'll consider whether to renovate/detonate.

How much does it cost for the Renovation Action Plan?

Thanks!

Hi Jane,

I've previously heard of you from Tonibell already, my Bris IP is unrenovated and I'll consider whether to renovate/detonate.

How much does it cost for the Renovation Action Plan?

Thanks!

Hi, thanks for your interest. Yes I've consulted on a block of units (reno) and a house for Tonibell - one in Brisbane and one in Sydney. She's a great lady!

Typical cost for a full interior/exterior Renovation Action Plan (for a house with one kitchen, up to two bathrooms and no pool) is $1590+gst. However, this can go up if there are layout changes required. It can also go down to as little as $590+gst for an external/front consult (called a 'First Impressions Renovation Action Plan' which covers the house itself, landscaping, driveway, fence - anything you see from the street basically). I also do an internal only ($1390+gst typically) and an external only RAP (incl all external areas incl pool, landscaping, driveway, fences, patios/decks etc) for $990+gst.

I do have other options but I think I will get in trouble if I ramble on too much!

Do you do the same thing for new developments? If so what is the typical cost for a 4 pack townhouse development?

Yes I also do new-build design (colours, finishes) consulting. The fee on these really does vary but to give you a ballpark figure, it?s typically $1990+gst for a smallish block (4-5 units/townhouses) if all internals are the same (or very similar other than ? say ? different splash-back colours ? in each dwelling).

If you're wondering how I do consults interstate; it's by photos and telephone consult. I've done over 500 Renovation Action Plans and 300 of these have been for clients outside of the Brisbane area!

Back