Before, during and after renovation with a difference

I've recently moved offices and true to my style picked a place that needed a complete re-do. It was great fun getting into my renovating clothes again!

Lots more photos in my Facebook album

It used to be a nautropath clinic that had seen better days.
17128_448845475275855_3780840215566604695_n.jpg

11159525_448845518609184_6594988449626268030_n.jpg

11182279_448845638609172_912396154169827484_n.jpg

One of my favourite things to do is demolish!
11149384_448845781942491_6427352982918131087_n.jpg

Putting everything back together again
11050640_448845945275808_6314297135652755390_n.jpg

TBC....

What an amazing difference. Looks fantastic.

Thank you :)

thats friggin amazing!! well done,

as usual, what budget? ;)

ps. Hope the dog wasnt demolished too

Cheers!

Flooring: $940 installed (by my husband and I)
Furniture: $1125 - some of the items are from home though - filing cabinet and one of the desks, printer, monitor etc
Electrical work: $475
Misc stuff (gyprock, paint, skirtings etc): ~$1200

(All exc GST :D)

I'm a tight ar$e and also hate to see waste so we re-used a lot of what we could such as the timber for the framing, doors, some of the hardware so that saved us a bit too.

The most expensive item has been the sign for the front awning which is being installed on Friday. That came in at a whopping $1400.

The site supervisors (dogs) made sure their best interests were taken care of!

That looks excellent. You have good taste too. I have the same desk :D

Ha, nice! Officeworks FTW!

Still a couple of things left to be done but that will happen in the coming months.

Great new office Kinnon.

I think you're best buys were those bargain french doors from Bunnings and the vinyl planks. They really make it look schmick

Well done.

There have been two posts mentioning dogs, but unless I'm really losing the plot, I cannot see any dogs in the photos?

Awesome - looks sweet.

Is this in Cairns or Melb?

Cheers

Jamie

In Cairns where I'm finding I spend the majority of my time now. When I visit Melb and have a client meeting I try to book 'The Village' at the main nab HO.

How much were the planks per sqm and where did you get them from? hard to install for a first timer?

They were $16sqm and I ordered 52sqm and the remainder of the costs was the prep as they were going on to a non-porous surface and the glue. I ordered them off ebay but the company/product is called Serfloor. I would use again.

No, not hard to lay at all. My body did hurt for days afterwards though. Out of the floors I've done (ie laying carpet, polishing floorboards) this was the easiest. Just lay the planks down on a dry run, get everything in place and cut to size (score with a stanley knife and snap), pen mark where the outer plank goes, move to the side, apply glue then lay planks. Push down and into position and wet cloth on hand to clean up any excess glue that may squeeze out.

Looks like the dogs were a lot of help. :)

Well, Bix loves plaster and base coat so took every chance he could to 'clean' that up and Bailey loved getting the big pieces of off cuts and breaking them down into tiny pieces - for easy disposal I assume!

Like the work, well done :)

Great new office Kinnon.

I think you're best buys were those bargain french doors from Bunnings and the vinyl planks. They really make it look schmick

Well done.

Doors were pretty good find hey but I reckon the planks win the award!

There have been two posts mentioning dogs, but unless I'm really losing the plot, I cannot see any dogs in the photos?

They're in the Facebook album linked in the OP. My 2 golden's were often on site 'helping' and also photobombing :D

Finished result looks fabulous - really great work, Kinnon (+ husband!).

I'm going to pick your brains next time I want to do a reno as I've been wanting to use vinyl planks for a while...... and now I almost feel I could do it myself! :)

Looks lovely! What shade is the grey paint?

I'm also a huge fan of vinyl plank - great stuff.

Well, there's a story behind the wall paint...

It's supposed to be half strength tranquil retreat but it was mis-tinted and I didn't realise until I had painted the long wall and got to my sample patch right at the end and realised it's darker than my sample.

Then I ran out of paint for the second office and got that colour matched and they got it spot on for the sample pot but when they tinted the big tin it was different again... So my office and lobby is one shade of grey and office 2 and kitchenette is slightly different again.

Still happy with how it turned out. I thought it might be too dark but it doesn't feel that way.

Finished result looks fabulous - really great work, Kinnon (+ husband!).

I'm going to pick your brains next time I want to do a reno as I've been wanting to use vinyl planks for a while...... and now I almost feel I could do it myself! :)

Thanks Hobo! It's really quite straight forward, just hard on your body. Or was on mine at least.

You know where to find me for your Renos!

Back