Bellbird Park / Springfield / Redbank Plains

Discussion in 'Where to Buy' started by Whishy, 3rd Nov, 2014.

1. Whishy

Whishy Member

Whats peoples thoughts about this section between Brisbane & Ipswich??

I have been doing a bit of long long long term analysis and comparing the prices of housing within a 30km radius to their relevant cbd, and have noticed that these suburbs actually sit within this radius.

Given you can get houses on large blocks for under 300k surely this area is a gold mine??

Property values are on the up and are now above 2009 prices after devaluations in 2011 - 2012.

Whats everyones thoughts on this area?

Look at this for example: http://www.realestate.com.au/property-house-qld-bellbird+park-117972399

2. mflying

mflying Property Developer

Look around Redbank Plains, (near new estate)..

you will be able to find circa 300k subdivided block (1/4 acre) with retain/build/subdivide potential.

3. Moneyman_85

Moneyman_85 Member

Watch out for black soil tho in and around redbank plains

4. Mr T

Mr T Member

Current rental vacancy in Redbank plains

Hi all,

What's the current rental vacany like in Redbank Plians

Many thanks
    :)

5. Coota9

Coota9 Member

Media:
  6. Bhp19

Bhp19 Member

What's the issue with black soil?

7. sumterrence

sumterrence Member

Research Black Soil/Reactive Soil. basically means its easy to have movements and will cause cracks on your wall.

But with new dwellings I don't think it's a major issue.

8. Bhp19

Bhp19 Member

Ok, thanks, never heard of that before, guess you learn something new every day.

9. norwoodman

norwoodman Member

Highly reactive soils that expand and contract a lot, which can result in excessive heaving and sagging in foundations over time and can cause cracking in inadequately designed foundations due to differential movement.

10. ScottHochgesang

ScottHochgesang Member

Can anyone provide details on a property they have bought in this area in the last 5 years that has gone up in value (e.g. bank val or in a resale)? Especially for a new build.

I am working with an investor in Sydney who is looking at buying a $450K new house/land package(4+2+2) in Bellbird Park. Land size just 394sqm.

We believe this property will be a "poor" investment and achieve very little capital growth. Yield is low so not great on cash flow either.

Looking for independent opinions I could share with him. Thanks :)

Scott

11. rico2011

rico2011 Member

I looked around that area last year for a long time (redbank plains and surrounds), its quiet depressing, lots of renters, dead cars lying around and poorly kept yards etc... Some very cheaply built houses too with cracking everywhere/falling to bits...
    Margaret Lomas was talking about that area for ages, every week on her show she was talking it up, glad I didnt buy there, tons of vacant land. Lomas seems to have gone quiet on it now, I reckon there are way better area's in Brisbane. Only good thing is the newer style houses have good depreciation...

12. NPB

NPB Member

G'day Scott,

We have taken over the management of a number of properties in the area that were purchased by another BA around 2007-2009 in the area, they were mostly established houses 5-10 years old. Not one of them is worth more than what was paid, they have been a disaster, the opportunity cost has been enormous. We actually find them to easy to rent out but would never buy one for a client.

Good luck with your persuasion!

13. dickle

dickle Member

http://www.domain.com.au/for-sale/16-lake-amaroo-court-logan-reserve-qld-4133-2012009271?sp=2

Has anyone enquired about this property?
    It went to auction today, but unsure of the results.
    What do you think this is worth?
    By the looks of the exterior photos, there seems to be some residue from previous floodings?
    An agent contacted me in regards to whether I was interested in this property, but I may be too late now.

If anyone from SS was lucky enough to have purchased this, what are the numbers?

Thanks

14. rico2011

rico2011 Member

Looks like a poorly drained yard to me, have seen so many of them in Logan (newer style properties)...