Bellmarch homes

Just wondering if anyone has feedback on this builder? feel free to inbox me if you like instead of posting.

The reason why im looking at this particular builder is there design and price (I want the house as narrow as possible (corner dual occupancy while retaining the existing property) and am happy to expect a reasonably basic finish as the suburb im building in quiet on the low end (dont really expect to sell the property for much over $500k)

this is the particular home
http://www.bellmarch.com.au/Product_Detail.aspx?par=147&Cat=165&Prod=0

Have had an estimate of around 200k for the house + site cost + basix + air con + minor facade upgrade (the site cost is the variable in that estimate)

There quote for ducted air con was around $13500 - dont know the specs but for the design posted does that seem right?

Does 200k seem to good to be true - around 1k per m2 although there are still things to be done:
Flooring - $7-10k? (120m2 of carpet + 20m2 of tiles to the family room + rumpus)
Light fittings - $$$?
Driveway - 3mx5.5m + connection from driveway to house - $$$?
Landscaping - would want to keep it basic with lawn -$$$?

Fencing and subdivision cost which i will keep out of this project

If anyone could give feedback on the builder and the project idea, would be appreciated

Hi just wondering what area you are building in. I do carpentry framing for a few project home builders in Sydney. I don't really see to many bell march homes around. If you are in Sydney I can give you a number of a builder who has great prices and still provides a quality build. He has a display home in Gregory hills and spring farm south west Sydney.

You said you wanted a dual occupancy house. The one in the attachment you had in your post isn't dual occupancy. It looks like a pretty standard design so could be possible

Hi just wondering what area you are building in. I do carpentry framing for a few project home builders in Sydney. I don't really see to many bell march homes around. If you are in Sydney I can give you a number of a builder who has great prices and still provides a quality build. He has a display home in Gregory hills and spring farm south west Sydney.

If you wanted people to use your services you should have left out your carpentry framing occupation, just seems biased now that you are pushing someone towards a builder that you know will use your services.

Thanks for the input Jamie. It doesn't bother me either way, I am just giving the other person an option of getting another quote of in my opinion can give him a good deal. Would you like the possibility to buy something cheaper for the same product or do you just buy the first thing you see. I have plenty of work so it doesn't bother me. And the company use more than one lot of carpenters so I'm not guaranteed the job anyway.

thanks for the replies

let me know who the builder is and i will have a look into it

As for dual occupancy, the project is a dual occupancy but one of the houses is the existing home.

200k is normal for bellmarch homes. How did you go with them? My good friend works for them as the sales person so if you need anything let me know..

They build decent quality homes but just ugly floor plans..

I backed out with bellmarch homes.

Build looks to basic (but was perfect for the area)

Reason i backed out was that they didnt seem too friendly for the type of development I was after and seemed to want me to just sign up and fail with council. In saying this I dont have any negative views on Bellmarch and it seems this mentality is quiet common among 50% of project builders (other 50% are the ones that dont mind doing custom builds although there price range is a lot higher)

Bellmarchs tender came in with an additional 25k of site cost which in detail was excessive (maybe 5-10k was justified) but at the price of 225k for for 21.5 sq house seemed to be quiet bang for your buck although their facades are quiet ugly. Maybe add another 5-15k for a better facade and you could probably finish a full build for around $270k-300k turn key

Back