Ben and Jerry's hopes to open shop on Rundle St in Adelaide ($450K)

It's a little old but I know they are still looking:

WORLD famous American ice cream brand Ben and Jerry's is finally coming to Adelaide and intends to open a shop in Rundle St early next year.

Ben and Jerry's is searching for a franchisee willing to invest up to $450,000 in an Adelaide store.

http://www.adelaidenow.com.au/messe...-in-adelaide-cbd/story-fni9lkxa-1226740481818

Does anyone know how successful there other stores are? I might have been interested in partnering in this venture, but Adelaide has a terrible reputable in ice-cream stores and nothing lasts more than a couple of years here.

Last edited:
not sure about indivdually how they do but ive tried them across three states,

very nice ice creams, interesting flavours, but stupidly expensive, like $7 for a dbl cone or $5 for a single, or something along those lines

I personally wouldnt be game enough to start a ice cream shop, where in winter sales would drop dramatically,while paying big rents

just my 2c

We already have Gelatissimo on Rundle st that caters to the fancy ice-cream buyers market; I'm not sure how well it would work in the long term.

Cold Rock has disappeared from O'Connell St in North Adelaide after about 3 or 4 years.

Places like Jetty Rd in Glenelg seem to do well in summer but there are already a couple of icecream shops there.

Small boutique icecream shops that do other lines as well as icecream do better in non beach areas.

Just my observation.

We already have Gelatissimo on Rundle st that caters to the fancy ice-cream buyers market; I'm not sure how well it would work in the long term.

Yes, too many nights after work consist of passing by Gelatissimo. :)

I'd pass on B&J's on Rundle St TBH with the competition in place.

Back