Ben needs a new suit!

hey all,

I am after a new suit up to the ~$700 mark, any thoughts? I wear them for work in the office and will lean more towards a classic black suit (dont like my current black one).

Was wondering if anyone has any good recommendations (in melb)?

Cheers

Ben

good price range to pick up a good deisgner suit on sale, maybe somethign like Hugo Boss - they are better, but the price tags worry me.

My last one was from Saba last year, at $649 full price I wouldnt have bought it but for $275 I reckon I did allright

In Melbourne ? Heaps more choice in lables and stores than Perth, not sur you have much to worry about.

WOW! Not only don't I own a suit, I don't own a tie.

With all due respect to the recently departed I don't wear them to funerals nor, with much good will to the newly enslaved couple do I wear then to weddings. I do wear proper long trou rather than jeans though, and replace the 'lastic sided boots with zipper sided ones.

Still plenty of room in the tropics for any who want to join us. :D

Got our middle son a very nice Wayne Cooper suit from Myer, reduced from $500 to $300. It is very, very nice and looks like more than $500 to me.

(Hiring a suit for his formal would have cost about $200 I believe, so this way he gets to keep the suit, and has two weddings coming up, so will use it again.)

Sunfish, your post reminds me of a Kilcoy engagement party I went to 30 years ago. The father of the young lass had his best black suit on, with black thongs. Must have been his "dress thongs" :D.

I reckon it was the suit he was married in, and probably the one he will exit in as well. He was a real card.

Sunfish, your post reminds me of a Kilcoy engagement party I went to 30 years ago. The father of the young lass had his best black suit on, with black thongs. Must have been his "dress thongs" :D.

I reckon it was the suit he was married in, and probably the one he will exit in as well. He was a real card.

I think I'd like the FOTB. Got his email?

BTW I've outlived the suit I was married in. THANK GOD! When we married, the child bride and I, standing side by side, hardly threw a shadow. Don't need THAT reminder around the house anyway!!!!

Travellers Apparrel

79 Wellington St
Collingwood VIC 3066
(03) 9419 8411

They do tailor made suits. I've got 2 from there, including my wedding suit.

Back