Berwick, Victoria

First, know that there are two main areas of Berwick.

'Olde Berwick' (the original township, before Melbourne sprawled out and joined up to it). Walking distance to a beautiful set of strip shops, very leafy, an excellent Sunday market and properties around the $1m mark on Brisbane St. I have an IP here and it has been a solid performer, always rented and a consistent 8%+ CG each year (say 6 years?). It's a simple 2 bedder villa unit that I thought would appeal to empty nesters and divorcees. This is the premium area with a constricted supply. I see this area as the place all the people in the city of Casey will aspire to (having established roots in the area).

The City of Casey is bigger than Canberra, mind you! Such a huge growing area. There is a newish Mercedes dealer there now too, lots of new Bunnings, etc.

And then 'Berwick Berwick' (the surrounding new estates). I'd view this as per Narre Warren etc.

Would it be a good choice today, I don't really know, but I'd say worth looking into it more. My gut feel is there is more potential interstate if you are comfortable with that (say Brissy)..

Ryder has (or at least had) a location report on the area you can buy for $15, he seems to like it with the Monash Uni, etc if you wanted some really great info on the area.

Back