Besser block interiors!

I cant stand the look/feel of Besser block interiors, feel like im in a prison cell whenever im in a room with besser block. Problem is its quite common for established houses in the area I want to live. When I see them in pics I instantly rule that house out. But due to how much cheaper these houses can be and im assuming they are quite good structurally I have had a thought to maybe get professional gypies to slap gyprock over b the exposed besser blocks. Has anyone done this before ajd can let me know aproximate prices for a 4 bed 2 bath, im assuming all skirts and architraves will need to be removed and reattached. Anyone with experience to share their thoughts?? Thanking you

Hi,

Don't think you can just stick the gyprock to the besser blocks, but I could be wrong.

You could attach battens to the walls just using star plugs then screw and set your sheets to those, then as you say replace skirtings etc. have to see how it works out with your windows as the walls would end up being built out say 35-40mm?

The timber work would be an absolute walk in the park and if you've hung sheets before you would save yourself some $$$ there too, or cost them if you mess it up haha. Run your cables before you sheet and you're sweet.;)

Best of luck with it.

Direct stick plasterboard has been around for years. Strip off skirtings, architraves, door jambs, cornices etc. Jambs will need to be wider to take up the extra 25mm wall thickness.

It is a very economical way of achieving a new look and much quicker/cleaner than cement rendering.

Back