Best Apartment Location

Hi just wondering on some people's opinion on the best position of an apartment in a block. I am looking at a 2 blocks in inner city melbourne and there are 2 apartments going, both on the same street 2 doors down from each other.
This isn't a busy street but does get some traffic in the morning.
Now with all other things than position being equal which would be more preferable? Both complexes havev12 apartments
Apartment 1: top floor front of the block, North facing living room with balcony just overlooking units next to it. Bedroom faces the street, maybe possible noise issue?
Apartment 2: Rear of the block, first floor North facing with balcony and leafy outlook. Bedroom facing a roof, less noise

I am leaning towards apartment 1 as I like the fact the balcony has a street view.
Is it better generally to be at the front or back of a small complex?

Thanks

For investment purposes, superior growth, sales demand, rental demand, go for the top floor every time. Tenants like no one going past their front door, breezes and higher up views, as well as added security and no one above them.

For a PPOR - whatever you prefer yourself.

Yeah both blocks have ground, first and second story. Is it more advantageous generally to be at the front of the block and have a street view?

Back