Best Area Under $200K with good yield

Hi All,

As the title suggests, I am looking for an update on where people believe the best properties are under $200k with a good yield (7%+)

Cheers

Cash Flows

Hi All,

As the title suggests, I am looking for an update on where people believe the best properties are under $200k with a good yield (7%+)

Cheers

Cash Flows

Hi Cash Flows.

Welcome to the forum.

I've been researching SE QLD at the sub $200k level for the last 6 months and have seen a few deals of 8.5%+ yields. Most are off market deals but if you look hard enough and network well, they are there. I recently settled on a 2 bedroom, double storey townhouse in Waterford West for $165,000 purchase price, renting for $280pw (yield 8.82%). You will need to factor in higher rates in QLD, but the numbers still work well and if you can buy under market value as well, you'll be well positioned to recycle your capital quickly. I also think in the short-medium term, there will be steady capital growth.

All the best with the search.

N.

Queanbeyan, NSW.

You'll be restricted to units.

One beddies from $150k+

You might get a rundown two beddie for $200k (give or take) and after a clean up/cosmetic reno rent it out for high $200s p.w.

Cheers

Jamie

Queanbeyan, NSW.

Some of those units been there for months (like that octagon shaped one across the bridge from the leagues club...I drive past that thing twice a week) or some of them seems to be overpriced.

Is the yield really _that_ good? Found something last night, $200k with $300 per week rent history. It's a struggle to get $400 from a $300k-ish 1 bedder apartment in Greenway in comparo!

Where else but Elizabeth :)

Problem is, the locals snap 'em up so quick that some of us out-of-staters won't even have a chance to do our DD's before hitting the agents up.

Is the yield really _that_ good? Found something last night, $200k with $300 per week rent history. It's a struggle to get $400 from a $300k-ish 1 bedder apartment in Greenway in comparo!

You can find some good opportunities in Qbn if you're targeting sub $200k properties. If you can pay around $200k or less and rent it out for close to $300 p.w - I would consider that to be a pretty healthy yield.

Some are overpriced - and will sit on the market for ages. Others get snapped up quickly.

Every now and then there's good deals via auction too.

Cheers

Jamie

I would chime in that some parts of Launceston (within 5km of the centre of the city) you could pay less than 200k and get around 7% yield. Only thing is, how long until the unemployment rate gets better?
Suburbs such as Mowbray , Invermay or Mayfield...

Thanks for all the replies so far, good to hear everybody's thoughts on this. I have been doing some research on the following areas, any comments muchly appreciated;

Logan - Townhouses
Wagga Wagga
Tamworth
Albury
Elizabeth
Orange

Cheers

Cash Flows

Back