best broadband supplier

In my very humble opinion, (and i work in the industry)
Telstra for homephone;
Internode for broadband - as the above have mentioned, is a great provider!

At the end of the day though, theres billions of plans out there and it's a matter of marrying up a plan with the level of usage you have. That's different for everybody.

i just ended up going telstra and broadband ... there wasn't much choice in a town of 20,000.

besides broadband has 6 months half price - so that's only $30/mth unlimited downloads and i've been happy with the service so far (and don't have to change the email address).

If the broadband is ADSL, you had complete choice! Most of the companies talked about here would have been happy to do it for you (they mostly use Telstra equipment).

As long as your happy (and stay happy with it!) ;)

If you are always on the move, don't need to download much (only 2gb limit, $10 extra for 4gb limit) and have friends all over Australia (like SSers? :D), perhaps virgin home broadband is worth considering. $60 per month.

I've been happy with Internode, though have 2 beefs.

1. I'm on the cheapest adsl plan at home. When I initiated it, it was an 8GB plan, then they dropped it to 5GB. must have been the only time a provider dropped volume on a plan. I generally manage not to use more than 5GB so haven't bothered changing.

2. I can't use xpp's native ftp.exe to upload to my personal space cos internode only allow passive uploads, which ftp.exe doesn't do. Means I have to use a third party product. FTP is important to me cos I auto backup critical files to the net every day.

I am keen to get a broadband wireless package next, that works when you are moving, like in a car or train. If anyone has had experience networking them via p2p or otherwise, I'd like to hear about it.

checked it Mark some weeks ago and mine was the only one that didn't change.

i also wonder if VOIP works with wireless broadband. Wouldn't that mean you don't need a telephone connection at all?

i just ended up going telstra and broadband ... there wasn't much choice in a town of 20,000.

besides broadband has 6 months half price - so that's only $30/mth unlimited downloads and i've been happy with the service so far (and don't have to change the email address).

It's automatically extended to 9 months half price if you register for online billing access (even if you don't use it). If you have a contracted mobile with the same provider, putting that on the same bill within 30 days will extend it to 12 months of half price, too.

:cool:

My recommendation is if you want lots of downloads for cheap then go with TPG ADSL2+ for $70 pm you get 40GB during peek and 110GB off peak. However their speed is not consistent and customer service ain't the greatest. You need to be on a Telstra phone line to use them.
I agree TPG customer service is woeful. You can, however, have TPG on an Optus phone line; I do.

I agree TPG customer service is woeful. You can, however, have TPG on an Optus phone line; I do.

Although I'm not at all familiar with TPG's requirements:
Optus may be your carrier, but chances are it's a Telstra line that Optus is 'leasing'?

Back