Best deal - phone/internet (ADSL1)

Hi all,

My inlaws have been with Telstra for ages, their plan is finally up (500mb per month which they always go over and pay bucket loads for) - and they're looking to switch providers. ADSL1 is the only option - and Optus doesn't service their area (so no Fusion plans unfortunately). 2Gig in internet download would probably be plenty for them.

I'm wondering if anyone has good opions for the best phone/internet bundles out there. I was thinking AAPT or Netspace that have phone call plans (total $105-$125 per month which include bundled phone calls). They're currently spending about $200 per month with Telstra - they spend about $50-$100 on phone calls per month.

Does that sound like the best option? They live in the country - so only Telstra resale providers are an option (only ADSL1). They're pretty phone/internet illiterate - so they need a decent Service provider that would answer their phone calls (no Exetel, etc).

Thanks!

Cheers,
Jen

Hi Jen,

The handy dandy Whirlpool Broadband Choice page should help.

I am a bit of a fussy monkey, so I usually put my requirements in there, and then just choose a company I've heard of before. Iinet and Internode are my preferred DSL providers.

Cheers.

Internode doesn't do phone plans, but they are an excellent ISP. I'd use them if it was an option, but I'm chained to Telstra for everything.

Back