Best Frequent Flyer cc

AMEX - best all around transfer to majority of airlines.

deals and offers all the time such as transfer $105 overseas for 10,000 points, transfer bills over 10,000 points. Double points for Coles and woolworths etc.

ranked in like 15 business class tickets since i got it.

I use westpac altitude,you get two cards,one is a normal visa,the other is Amex for double points where you can use it.

You can go to their website and redeem gift cert for Bunnings,Harvey Norman etc

Has anyone had probs getting FF flights in the last couple of years?

We've found it's more difficult to get seats these days.

i normally use emirates (skywards) and malaysian airlines(enrich) from which i transfer my AMEX points to.

it's online and very easy to redeem by just choosing the dates that are available which are heaps.

not sure abt other airlines.

We have had no trouble getting FF seats. Sometimes to get times we want we have to fly Bne-Syd-Mel (son lives in Melbourne) - same number of points but they slug you on the landing charges and fees.
Marg

I use CBA Platinum which is fine but they're getting expensive (in terms of points per $ value). Only really worth it if you spend $100,000 a year anyway I think.

AMEX - best all around transfer to majority of airlines.

deals and offers all the time such as transfer $105 overseas for 10,000 points, transfer bills over 10,000 points. Double points for Coles and woolworths etc.

ranked in like 15 business class tickets since i got it.

Problem is Amex is not always accepted everywhere !

Problem is Amex is not always accepted everywhere !

All hotels/ groceries accept it, but of smaller shops and cafes, I would say less than 50% accept it.
ANZ has visa with add on AMEX. So, you can use AMEX whereever possible to get the FF points, and visa where its not accepted.
They have the same limit, and the same account/ statement etc.

Back