Best place to buy now?

Hi any one has any idea where to buy now to gain equity soon and buy another property soon too?state and suburbs and why?if you interested and donot mind.my view is qld,se brisbane, because bottom of cycle, future is bright with mining boom.what about yours?

I'm in agreement with John Edwards of Residex on this one. I think Brisbane is a little while to wait.

http://www.residex.com.au/newsletter/source2010_04aMC.html?content=commentary&from=news0410a

Flowing from all of the above I believe our investment strategy should be:

1. Hold back from buying house and land assets for the present as there is going to be opportunity to buy well in the lower quartiles later this year;
2. If you haven't already invested in Melbourne than the opportunity has largely passed and hence I would suggest that unless you are a very experienced investor you should stay away from that market now as the risks are getting a little high;
3. Darwin has become expensive so be very selective if you want to invest in that market;
4. It may be getting close to being time to go “bargain hunting” in Brisbane but would probably wait a little longer as this market presents as having further falls particularly if interest rates continue to rise;
5. Moderate the leverage on each asset and try to achieve a positive or near to positive gearing situation;
6. Sydney units which are well-positioned (close to transport hubs) and more than a decade old look to me as if they are going to see the best growth. Having said this, avoid suburbs where there are significant volumes of new development taking place.

But I am and have been doing his #6. point on buying Sydney units in older blocks near transport hubs and avoiding newer developments.

1. Hold back from buying house and land assets for the present as there is going to be opportunity to buy well in the lower quartiles later this year;
2. If you haven't already invested in Melbourne than the opportunity has largely passed and hence I would suggest that unless you are a very experienced investor you should stay away from that market now as the risks are getting a little high;

Good Point.

I told you, Sydney units! And I've got some really pretty shiney new ones coming up for sale on the Northern Beaches if you're interested. A bit pricey at $1M+, but hey they're units!!

:D

Cheers,
Michael

I told you, Sydney units! And I've got some really pretty shiney new ones coming up for sale on the Northern Beaches if you're interested. A bit pricey at $1M+, but hey they're units!!

:D

Cheers,
Michael

well i reckon if there a bit pricey and thats your opinion you should drop the price substantially so they're not pricey

Back