Best place to stay Darling Harbour?

A couple I know are coming out from the UK next March. As part of their trip they will be looking to stay at Darling Harbour for less than a week. They have asked me if I could recommend a decent hotel. I have stayed in Sydney, but never in Darling Harbour.

Any help would be appreciated in recommending a good hotel. All they said was it must be directly in Darling Harbour.

(Should add they are in their late 50's)

Thanks

Stayed at Fourpoint/Sheraton many years ago (just after it was changed from Hotel Nikko) and more recently the Crowne Plaza. Both good on my list....

The Y-man

Ive also stayed at Novotel there for a conference and it was pretty good.

What is their budget?

I recently stayed at the Westin and it was only $219 or something a night, remarkably cheap especially in comparison to Perth where 4 star hotels go for up to $550-600 a night midweek

Thank you everyone for your replies and recommendations, I'll pass the link to this thread onto them to read. I would assume they would expect to pay at least $300 per night, if they wish to stay somewhere half decent in Darling Harbour.

Thank you everyone for your replies and recommendations, I'll pass the link to this thread onto them to read. I would assume they would expect to pay at least $300 per night, if they wish to stay somewhere half decent in Darling Harbour.

Depends on when they book. WOTIF has deals all the time but closer to the day. Risk is, there is high demand for a reason like conference.

I stay in Sydney a lot and use WOTIF. I would say $180 a night is average. Brekkie Deals are worth it before hand if they like to eat in .

Peter

I have heard good things about Novotel
Yep; stayed there twice; good location.

We also stayed at a place called "The Oaks" (I think) which is across the road behind the Novotel, last time up there. Used to be an old shearing shed or something. Try there.

Back