Best psycho neighbour/tenant story

OK, here's an absolute classic interaction with our crazy neighbour. This was our first interaction with them other than meeting them and waving across the driveways, and happened a few years back.

My Mum was visiting and accidentally brought in our neighbour's wheely bin after collection, instead of ours. Our was actually across the road because we were late putting it out and had to catch the truck on it's return trip down the cul-de-sac, which Mum didn't know. I had no idea about any of this until after this incident, when I was trying to figure out what had caused this "disaster". :rolleyes:

Next evening about 6pm, my neighbour rings the doorbell, I answer with my 2yo twins clinging one to each leg, they're full on in "arsenic hour", screaming and carrying on, Daddy's late getting home to relieve Mummy, food is cooking, news is blaring - you get the picture? :D

First words out of her mouth, no hello or anything: "You've got our bin!"

Me: "Um, oh, sorry about that! Please take it back."

Her: "But where's YOUR bin?"

Me (seeing that she's upset): "I don't know, but don't worry about it, if we have your bin, please take it and we'll sort out where ours is."

Her: "But you must have had a bin ... I know that's our bin because it's got a sticker on it from the place where my husband worked for forty years..." (blah blah blah)

Me: "Yes, we had a bin, and we put it out, but I have no idea what's happened and I'm sorry. But you please take yours and we'll sort out where ours is."

Her: "Well, you may think that sorts the problem but did you know that my husband has spent the whole day walking up and down the street in the heat, looking for our bin. Do you know what that could have done to him, at his age? He's lucky he didn't have a heart attack. And even after all that, he couldn't find our bin so he had no choice [?] and was forced to steal somebody else's bin. Now I'm worried that he'll be in trouble with the police for stealing. He couldn't cope with jail at his age. You do know what they do to men in jail, don't you? Now I know you young people think it's not all that shameful these days, but at his age, being sodomised would just kill him. Are you trying to murder my husband?"

Me, with a dropped jaw, looking for the Candid Camera crew to jump out: "uh um uh ...." (so eloquent)

Can you beat that for psycho????

Oh yes I can!! Way too many wacky neighbour stories that (until we stopped any type of contact) kept us hovering between being highly amused and nearly driving us to the point of wanting to sell up to get away from them.

Finally, we had enough and stopped dealing with them at all and life is back to normal.

Yep! Me too! Ours was a tenant in the house at the rear of our PPOR. It is fenced off, so we hardly ever saw her, but boy, when she got going, she really got going. We believe she was actually mentally ill & would either forget her meds, or it was undiagnosed. The poor husband used to cop frequent abuse from her too. You could hear her screaming from several houses away.

I once new a girl who purchased her PPOR next to a violent crim. who had been awarded substantial amount of damages by the commonwealth for being a victim of crime after he sustained some pretty significant injuries. The amount allowed him to purchase a house in the very middle class suburb of Kew right next door to my firend. He was on the pis% every night all night and then always had his mates round with music blaring, i kid you not 6 days a week. Cops could do nothing. He would frequently sneek over in the middle of the night and drink cans in the back yard and then throw the empties on her manicured garden and occasionally knock on the door i nthe middle of the night. In the end she sold up.
cheers
sp

The first unit I brought had the craziest neighbour I have ever had. She was about 50 and belived that the head of the maffia was chasing her because he wanted to marry her. Every time I went in her house she would only allow me to whisper because the Maffia had bugger her house, and she also believed people from the Maffia were sleeping in her roof.

Over the time she did the following

Removed and threw away all the fuses from the main electricity box

Padlocked all the letterboxes shut

Phoned the police accusing me of plotting a terrorist attack, by bouncing radio messages off news helicopters. Yes the police did investigate ;-)

Hired a PI to investage the neighbour as she though he was a drug dealer. She believed the drugs were hidden in the outside bricks and he was setting off explosions to notify people to collect them.

She took out the carport with her car trying to park it.

She cut the biggest tree down on the property without asking anyone

Cut everyones window screens and awnings with a knife

This is how i got into property investing I was so keen to move it was quicker to buy a new place and rent this out. That was short lived because the tennants started to complain to me about her and telling me their encounters.

Never again will I live in a unit ;-)

Couple next door were rolling drunk (normal). Started screaming at each other (normal). Boyfriend started to get physically abusive (normal). Boyfriend must have got a bit more violent than usual, cos the girlfriend (apparently) called her sister. Sister turns up screaming at the boyfriend. Boyfriend pushes her over the balcony, then goes inside and gets a cricket bat. More screaming as girlfriend tries to stop him taking the bat to her sister. Sister scambles to her feet and runs to our house. We let her in and give her the phone to call the police. Police turn up. We tell the police we saw nothing, heard nothing, and any statement that the sister, or the girlfriend (who by this stage has also run over and taken refuge in our house) would like to make, that can make at the police station thank you very much.

Woman down the street wanted a brandy and milk. Husband wouldn't get out of bed and get it for her. So she lit a fire next to his bed to make him get up. Whole house burned down. Fine by us, one less housing commission place in the street.

Ex-bikie, turned family man and father of 3, across the road, has an interesting story to tell about the drug dealing couple that used to live next to him. Told them once to leave or he would 'fire bomb their f-ing house'. They didn't leave. Few months later one of them was overdosing and the other ran in asking to use the phone to call the ambulance. Ex-bikie said 'you go look after your friend, I'll call the ambulance'. Then sat and waited. Neighbour turned up again, 15 min later, asking if he had called the ambulance, ex-bikie says 'Yeah, they must be getting here really soon. I'll call them again now - you go look after your friend'. And sat and waited. Eventually an ambulance turned up - druggie neighbour must have found someone else with a phone. They moved shortly afterwards.

Glad we don't live in that street anymore!!!

And here I was thinking that our neighbour was just 'special' after we have had;
mud & gravel thrown at our front door when it rains,
neighbour swerve his (piece of crap) car towards mine everytime he sees me,
cane toads tossed over the fence into my yard,
inspection by council for alleged unfenced pool,
inspection by council for nusiance barking dog,
obsceneties written in new concrete on dividing concrete retaining wall,
& much verbal abuse

I'm sure there is more I just can't remember them all at the moment - all by the same neighbour!

Seems like he doesnt like me very affectionately blowing him kisses though - he has now started to look the other way when he sees me. Sad thing is this guy is in his early 30's and by his behaviour is teaching his two kids to grow up into moorons too!

Cheers
Stella

MilkieBoy

I had a similar neighbour. Kept telling me about the aliens and stuff like that. I kept telling my gf (now wife) that he keeps asking me in for a chat, but I kept putting it off. She told me that he was harmless and I was exaggerating.

So, grand final day a few years ago, we'd just been to the supermarket for supplies and he catches us at the door (in units). Asks us in, and just before I could say "No, too busy, but maybe later..." she agrees.

First words out of his mouth were "Now, as you know, I'm a 10,000 year old black man" and it went downhill from there. The aliens in the spaceships were after him, he shoots at them with guns that come out of his walls, he's the chancellor of the german exchequer (sp) and they wont let him have his money etc etc.

Lots of fun that was...

And even after all that, he couldn't find our bin so he had no choice [?] and was forced to steal somebody else's bin.

Call the council. I had my bin taken on New Years day. Drunk kids I suspect. Council replaced my bin free of charge. I suspect my bin is at the bottom of the local river. Then unsteal the bin.

Ex-bikie, turned family man and father of 3, across the road, has an interesting story to tell about the drug dealing couple that used to live next to him. Told them once to leave or he would 'fire bomb their f-ing house'. They didn't leave. Few months later one of them was overdosing and the other ran in asking to use the phone to call the ambulance. Ex-bikie said 'you go look after your friend, I'll call the ambulance'. Then sat and waited. Neighbour turned up again, 15 min later, asking if he had called the ambulance, ex-bikie says 'Yeah, they must be getting here really soon. I'll call them again now - you go look after your friend'. And sat and waited. Eventually an ambulance turned up - druggie neighbour must have found someone else with a phone. They moved shortly afterwards.

Glad we don't live in that street anymore!!!

This reminded me of an old friend who died of an overdose recently.
I have seen and continue to see the impact of his death on his family, particularly his mother and brother, girlfriend and newborn baby who will never meet her father. In my view he was a decent and much loved person with a big problem. If he had recieved help sooner he would most likely still be here. 'Imperfect' as he was, where there is life there is hope.

I could never reasonably refuse such a small but imporant request to help another human being where the consequence of refusal could result in their death, no matter how much their behaviour bothered me. Then I guess that is why I am not a bikie. I know this is off topic but I just had to say it.

Louise

MilkieBoy
First words out of his mouth were "Now, as you know, I'm a 10,000 year old black man" and it went downhill from there. The aliens in the spaceships were after him, he shoots at them with guns that come out of his walls, he's the chancellor of the german exchequer (sp) and they wont let him have his money etc etc.

I think we may have a winner!

Call the council. I had my bin taken on New Years day. Drunk kids I suspect. Council replaced my bin free of charge. I suspect my bin is at the bottom of the local river. Then unsteal the bin.

I think this is the guy that took the "bin".

Attachments

• images.jpg
    images.jpg
    3.1 KB · Views: 63
Wow, some weird people out there. Our next door neighbour didnt like people driving down our street. We heard some yelling one day and the neighbour had bailed up this poor young man who was sitting in his car with the doors locked because our wacky neighbour wouldnt let him drive off and was abusing him through the window with his car parked across the guy's path. Our neighbour drives semi trailers for a living. Scarey.

Hi Ethereal

I don't think being a bikie had anything to do with it! How many deaths do you think the drug dealing couple were responsible for?

Hi all,

Going back a few years, we had the neighborus from hell.

Our house was regularly broken into, trailer stolen, car stolen etc etc. One night when the sister in law was visiting, her car was backed into. We didn't know this until she was leaving.
It was obvious that it was the neighbour from across the road. We went and looked at their car. Sure enough there were signs of fresh paint covering up the minor bingle, however they missed a spot which had the sister in laws paint still on it!!

We confront them about it, lots of swearing at us, and demands to leave the property or else!

We leave, go to local police station, tell story. As no witness they can do nothing. Then they tell us to leave the situation completely alone, go through insurance. Do not go near the neighbour. (seems strange to us)

Sister in law's boyfriend says he is going to get mates and teach neighbour a lesson (a few days later).

Another neighbour, who we were friendly with, suggests that police advice to stay away was best course of action, the person who had backed into SIL was recently released from 15 years in gaol for armed robbery and accomplice to murder!!:eek:
SIL's boyfriend decides not to teach lesson with this new information.

SIL goes through her insurance company to fix car. Meanwhile police arrest neighbour because the car we reported had backed into SIL, was stolen from NSW. Neighbour goes back to gaol.

A few months later, insurance company ask SIL to go to pentridge to identify neighbour as he claimed it was his brother driving, not him. (This was not possible as brother was in Beechworth minimum security prison at the time).

SIL passes on the identification, and tells Insurance company to take her excess.

The house these characters lived in, was one that was for sale a couple of years ago, that I raised in a discussion on property prices. I am sure that digging around the garden of that property would reveal some interesting things.

bye

PS. we moved

I saw a special on tv a few months ago about a man who was being bullied by another guy on the same floor as him in an apartment building. These are 2 guys around 30 years old.

Everytime the guy came home from being out, this bully would come out and harrass him, and it escalated to physical stuff. Don't know the reason.

The guy being bullied complained to the police, and it came down to his word against the other guy's unless there was a witness.

So, the guy being bullied rigged up a secret camera above his apartment door. It was activated by movement.

So, on National tv you get to see this bully getting stuck into the guy on a few occasions; one with a crow bar in his hand (didn't use it thankfully), and of course, now that the cameras are on, the guy simply takes it all, then goes to the police with the tapes.

The bullie got 5 years.

Magnificent.

Wow, didn't expect to have another story so soon :rolleyes:

One of my tenants decides to cook toast in his room. This is a violation of house rules (it's a multi-tenancy), primarily because of a fear that exactly what happened, would happen! He uses the toaster, the fire alarm goes off. He waves the smoke away and the fire alarm resets. Next day, he uses the toaster again - again the fire alarm goes off. And resets itself.

Eventually he gets sick of the fire alarm going off, so does he decide to make the huge effort of walking the 8 feet from his bedroom door to the immediately adjacent kitchen?

No, he rips the smoke alarm out of the ceiling! :eek: The fire alarm doesn't go off, but it activates a warning at the fire brigade that a circuit has been isolated, and a fire truck is despatched. They do an inspection and slap me with a notice that my building is non-compliant with fire regulations. And it costs $400 to replace the smoke alarm and make it compliant again.

Tenant has been evicted, and with his arrears, there is only just enough to cover the rental arrears plus the $400 for the damage he did. He's moving out tomorrow - I just hope he doesn't do any more damage...

Wow, didn't expect to have another story so soon :rolleyes:

One of my tenants decides to cook toast in his room. This is a violation of house rules (it's a multi-tenancy), primarily because of a fear that exactly what happened, would happen! He uses the toaster, the fire alarm goes off. He waves the smoke away and the fire alarm resets. Next day, he uses the toaster again - again the fire alarm goes off. And resets itself.

Eventually he gets sick of the fire alarm going off, so does he decide to make the huge effort of walking the 8 feet from his bedroom door to the immediately adjacent kitchen?

No, he rips the smoke alarm out of the ceiling! :eek: The fire alarm doesn't go off, but it activates a warning at the fire brigade that a circuit has been isolated, and a fire truck is despatched. They do an inspection and slap me with a notice that my building is non-compliant with fire regulations. And it costs $400 to replace the smoke alarm and make it compliant again.

Tenant has been evicted, and with his arrears, there is only just enough to cover the rental arrears plus the $400 for the damage he did. He's moving out tomorrow - I just hope he doesn't do any more damage...

Propert investment is sooo easy. I don't get why eveyone doesn't do it.

My sister had the couple from hell living beside her in a rented house. Abusive language and yelling at all hours of the night.

Complaints to the PM managing the property proved useless.

But this was in the "good old days" before mobile phones, so sister drove to the real estate office and got the home phone numbers of all the agents. EVERY time the yelling started at 2am or so sister phoned one of the agents to complain, none of whom were amused at being woken in the middle of the night.

It was only a matter of a week or two before the tenants were evicted - clearly in the days before the RTA.
Marg

Back