Best variable interest rate???

Hmm kind of in between brokers ATM although iam looking to purchase a property very soon. Could I get a broker to do the haggling before the application or would it work better during the application? Thanks

Get the broker to reprice your loan now and renegotiate when you purchase.

When you go to purchase another property, just say you have X amount with the bank and require Y amount for new purchase then say other bank offering to take existing STG loan to them as well as the new purchase.

They will accommodate your request.

Also their pricing allows you to easily have your whole portfolio aligned as the pricing discretion states 'discount can be applied to existing loans'

Hi

Do you know if Westpac permit the same pricing discretion, namely that discount can be applied to existing (similar) loans' in order to align the portfolio.

For example, my latest loan from westpac includes a discount of 1.3% bring the rate to 4.4%. However other similar-type loans only attract a discount of 1.18%.

It may not sound much (.12%) but when applied to loans totalling $3.4m then it adds up.

Thanks

Tony

Hi

Do you know if Westpac permit the same pricing discretion, namely that discount can be applied to existing (similar) loans' in order to align the portfolio.

For example, my latest loan from westpac includes a discount of 1.3% bring the rate to 4.4%. However other similar-type loans only attract a discount of 1.18%.

It may not sound much (.12%) but when applied to loans totalling $3.4m then it adds up.

Thanks

Tony

Hey Tony

Are you saying that gave a 1.3% discount on a new loan but didn't apply it to existing WBC loans? If so - they should have. Get your broker/banker to sort out.

I too have been offered 4.35% by one of the big 4 on $1.4 million for a refinance. Better than the smaller bank(s) I was with.

Not moved yet but the LOC on my PPOR is 5.1% (fully deductible) so 4.35% is highly attractive.

JB

I'm currently at 4.49% with NAB for around $520k.

But I'll be going back for around another $700k shortly for a construction loan so they better bloody give me at least 4.35% as well :)

I'm currently at 4.49% with NAB for around $520k.

But I'll be going back for around another $700k shortly for a construction loan so they better bloody give me at least 4.35% as well :)

4.32% can be achieved at NAB at present as they apparently have a policy of being a couple of points below CBA etc.

BB

4.32% can be achieved at NAB at present as they apparently have a policy of being a couple of points below CBA etc.

BB

Thanks JB, I'll definately keep that in mind when I'm going for the construction loan that's for sure - I'd be happy with 4.35% even which is a further .14 than what I'm on now. I think for the amount of money I'll be up for (nearing $1.2M) that it's not unreasonable compared to what's on the market.

My new purchase settled with NAB just recently. Before settlement my loans were approximately 4.8% combined (had three separate loans with them at different rates 4.58, 5.06, 4.73)..

Right after settelment I requested my broker to request a rate review ..and to my surprise they approved 4.38% for the full facility i.e all loans :)

Figures :
=======
Interest Rates offered : 4.38% Interest Only Variable
Loan size : $1.08 mil
LVR : 91.78% (including LMI capitalized)

Now waiting for another 0.20% cut to be passed along next week ..which will bring it down to 4.18% ...

Happy days :)

My new purchase settled with NAB just recently. Before settlement my loans were approximately 4.8% combined (had three separate loans with them at different rates 4.58, 5.06, 4.73)..

Right after settelment I requested my broker to request a rate review ..and to my surprise they approved 4.38% for the full facility i.e all loans :)

Figures :
=======
Interest Rates offered : 4.38% Interest Only Variable
Loan size : $1.08 mil
LVR : 91.78% (including LMI capitalized)

Now waiting for another 0.20% cut to be passed along next week ..which will bring it down to 4.18% ...

Happy days :)

Nice - I'm going to go hard at them as well when I have to go for my construction loan, not happy with 4.49% currently but I'll wait a couple months before I go hard...

To any ANZ customers, i spoke to my bank and they want evidence of the account with good discount so that they can match it. Is anyone of you willing to private message your details ( loan account no) or send it to my ANZ agent?

Nothing dodgy, you can send it straight to ANZ client manger. Let me know if you can. Much appreciated.

To any ANZ customers, i spoke to my bank and they want evidence of the account with good discount so that they can match it. Is anyone of you willing to private message your details ( loan account no) or send it to my ANZ agent?

Nothing dodgy, you can send it straight to ANZ client manger. Let me know if you can. Much appreciated.

Starting to plat the same game as NAB direct

slippery slope that..............

The lenders have a very good idea what everyone else is doing, but if they dont disseminate that info to their troops, thats plain silly

ta

rolf

Back