Best way to clean egg off someones face?

Gloating, in any form, and true friendship are mutually exclusive in my view. The OP can fill his boots if he likes, but if I was one of the "friends" I wouldn't expect a Christmas card from me next year.

I actually haven't discussed this with my friends and don't intend to bring it up to them. My post was more about to trust your gut feeling but i understand that it does look like I'm gloating. Should have worded the post better to avoid the confusion.

I actually haven't discussed this with my friends and don't intend to bring it up to them. My post was more about to trust your gut feeling but i understand that it does look like I'm gloating. Should have worded the post better to avoid the confusion.

Fair enough. In that case, well done!

Well done, you did your DD and it proved right :)

I believe that you are posting here because your friends ridiculed you after the event and you are now justified in your decision to pay the price at auction.

The lesson is to do your homework and back yourself, because you did that you now have a nice piece of equity as well as the self belief to move on to the next one when it suits you.

Well done, you did your DD and it proved right :)

I believe that you are posting here because your friends ridiculed you after the event and you are now justified in your decision to pay the price at auction.

The lesson is to do your homework and back yourself, because you did that you now have a nice piece of equity as well as the self belief to move on to the next one when it suits you.

Yes well done and well written! Exactly the point i am trying to make. I did feel ridiculed straight after the auction because they really hammered it home that I have just made a mistake.

Do your dd and go with your gut feeling.

Yeah, the weirdest thing I find is that they all turned up and told you how badly you'd done. Unless you were all very young at the time and they were trying to stop you getting in over your head. I wonder why they were there?
I would tell them but only if they ask because it could be information that can be helpful to them. Even if you paid 25K too much at the time (according to them), it's all worked out well and you wouldn't have done as well if you hadn't bought that place.
Even when I buy something at a good price, I always think I've spent too much. Sometimes I have, sometimes I haven't.

Yeah, the weirdest thing I find is that they all turned up and told you how badly you'd done. Unless you were all very young at the time and they were trying to stop you getting in over your head. I wonder why they were there?

Schadenfreude
German word for guilty pleasure, getting off from someone's misfortune.

Last edited:
The amount of times I get negative comments from people can get annoying but then that just makes me work harder, but I still remember the negativity with a grudge sometimes !

No one gains from "I told you so moment" even afterwards you might feel bad about it yourself.

Think, is it;

True
Helpful
Important
Necessary
Kind

Bite your tongue and soldier on mate, unless its healthy banter that is, your decision.

With more eggs. Lots of eggs - showered upon those who mocked and ridiculed you. Then go and roll on your pile of moneyz at home like Scrooge McDuck. That'll show 'em.

Crack an egg on their face, tell them that you WON because you're better than them, and then offer them a patronising tissue for losing.

OR...

Just accept your near 200k as reward enough without sticking it to them. Congrats btw, great result.

Crack an egg on their face, tell them that you WON because you're better than them, and then offer them a patronising tissue for losing.

OR...

Just accept your near 200k as reward enough without sticking it to them. Congrats btw, great result.

+1 for the first option :D

Back