Best way to protect assets’ prior to marriage?

It was windsor who said that in one of his recent posts. Have another read maybe. He spoke about having to provide for an ex-partner to still live in Toorak if that is what she was used to, or something like that.

Again, I don't know any "real" women who are slightly able to live in the same style as when they were married. Most are much worse off.

I know that for every story I have about a woman having been ripped off, you guys will have another story about a guy having been "screwed" so really not worth debating, is it?

I don't know of any man who was able to live the same lifestyle after a divorce either.. since he usually looses 30% of his future wage along with 75% of his assets.

Women also get the kids which the man misses out on..

Women also only seem to focus on the money, and that's how they calculate 'they are worse off'..

Prehap's women need to get out there and get a job, rather than expect a hand outs from their ex for the rest of their lives just because they pop out a baby..

Tell me, how is it women get screwed anyway?

Sorry, but just couldn't be bothered.....

It is an argument that cannot be won as both sides think they have been "done".

So tell me how women is worse off when they end up with 75% of assets and 30% of mans wages? Now I hear women get access to a mans super savings as well.. heck, since when could a woman claim a mans pension in 30 years time.. essentially thats what is happening here...

Had a chat to a male lawyer friend about this issue the other day. He said that if both parties feel hard done by they feel its a job well done. :)

If children are involved one parent will likely have a large fall in assets and the other a large fall income. Neither side will be feeling like they got the great deal.

So sad that an abundance of money should stand in the way of living the life you want. Maybe forgo the inheritance and live the life you want?

Why would females take offence, as surely it is the same deal if the woman brings more to the table.

I don't know any woman who has been left in the same "manner to which she was accustomed" after a divorce, even one she has instigated.

Curious to know about the child you already have, and whether your ex-partner is living the life she was when she was with you?

I just take offence at the barbs aimed at "women". We are no more "all the same" than you blokes :).

You bet she is, even better thanks to my hip pocket.

I found a great quote the other day on another forum, from a Jay-Z song (had to google it). It's one of the young ladies' signature who posts there. Reading this thread reminds of it everytime. I won't post it, cause it's a bit naughty (well, by this forum's namby pamby standards).

Mark

Sounds fair to me too. But you can't control your wife's decisions in the future. One day she's happy as Larry, the next she wants your balls on the chopping block, if for no other reason than 'she's not happy'. This will of course, be your fault....

Mark

Sounds fair to me too. But you can't control your wife's decisions in the future. One day she's happy as Larry, the next she wants your balls on the chopping block, if for no other reason than 'she's not happy'. This will of course, be your fault....

Mark

Couldnt help to luagh, thanks for cheering me up today :):) So true what you wrote.

Is it fair that one acquaintence is soon to be divorced, due to finally having had enough of the emotional abuse and controlling nature of her husband. Of the million dollar house, she will get zip, zero, zilch. Of course, he has stashed away enough to keep him in the manner to which he is accustomed.

She will be renting a small house, if she can afford to pay the rent. She will leave the marriage with nothing. All her money has gone into his business, which has (cough, cough) gone bust. And every cent he puts towards the kids is hard fought for, and must be justified, and because the business has gone bust, it is not a lot. Funny how he can afford to live like a king, though.

And another woman I know who discovered that her husband was cheating on her, had been gambling away the equity in their house and who also has nothing, not a cent towards their children either, not one cent.

Like I said, every story you have of a man being "done over" I can raise you one, and give you a similar story about a woman.

Both men and women are "done" all the time.

Thank crikey I have a happy marriage, a good husband and total trust.

Is it fair that one acquaintence is soon to be divorced, due to finally having had enough of the emotional abuse and controlling nature of her husband. Of the million dollar house, she will get zip, zero, zilch. Of course, he has stashed away enough to keep him in the manner to which he is accustomed.

So lets get this straight. Woman who has nothing marries a rich man. Lives in his 1 million dollar house for 3 years but then the marriage goes bad. The guy is a control freak, and impossible to live with. So the woman gets a divorce.

Now because she lived with him for 3 years, this automatically means she is rightly entitled to get 50-75% of everything he has?

Why should she get his house? I don't understand this part... this just shows the woman was a gold digger and married him for his money..

if she really was 'abused' she would be happy to leave the situation and go back to her old lifestyle.. not expecting to get 1/2 his house for the trouble.

Funny how women translate 'abuse' or emotional trauma into cash demands.. the woman should be happy to get out of a abusive situation, not expecting a payout along the way..

She will be renting a small house, if she can afford to pay the rent. She will leave the marriage with nothing. All her money has gone into his business, which has (cough, cough) gone bust. And every cent he puts towards the kids is hard fought for, and must be justified, and because the business has gone bust, it is not a lot. Funny how he can afford to live like a king, though.

thats the problem, the woman would not be happy to 'just get the money back she put into his business' Now because she married a millionaire, why should she now be renting a large house? if she came from a poor background?

She will expect 75% of everything he has.. regardless if she contributed to it or not...

sure if the wealth was built while she is married to him, she should get 1/2 of it, but if the wealth came in prior to marriage, I don't see why these women expect 75% if this...

split 1/2 of what was created AFTER marriage is fair.. and this is both ways..

Talk about assumptions. You both take the cake.

You are making up MY story with facts that are totally incorrect. But I'm sure the story sounds better your way.

This woman and this man met while young, both had nothing. Over 22 years they worked hard, bought a house ten or so years ago for probably $200K, now worth $1M or so. He stashes money aside and is an absolute control freak. If you don't understand why women don't leave men like this, I cannot make you understand. Now the kids are old enough that she can work full time (after always having worked part time as well as bring up the kids) she has said "enough".

Meanwhile, HER money, plus an inheritance from her grandmother, plus his money have gone down the gurgler because his business went bust. Oh.... except for the stash he has hidden. It is being looked for but a well planned stash is not easy to find.

They entered the marriage as equals. He has money to burn while she is struggling to make ends meet.

Sorry boys, you jumped to the wrong conclusions on this one. Remember about what happens when you assume....

She will expect 75% of everything he has.. regardless if she contributed to it or not...
Who said she will "expect" 75% of it??? Making sweeping generalisations does nothing for your credibility in this case.

As it has been pointed out above, there is good and bad cases on BOTH sides of the fence.

Sorry Mark. I was typing with a full head of steam up. I was not meaning you, and apologise that it looked like that. I was replying to the two previous posts, both of which were from the same member. I should have re-read my reply a little more carefully. I appreciate that you backed me up, as I believe that most people understand that there are generally no "victors" in any of this.

Talk about assumptions. You both take the cake.

You are making up MY story with facts that are totally incorrect. But I'm sure the story sounds better your way.

This woman and this man met while young, both had nothing. Over 22 years they worked hard, bought a house ten or so years ago for probably $200K, now worth $1M or so. He stashes money aside and is an absolute control freak. If you don't understand why women don't leave men like this, I cannot make you understand. Now the kids are old enough that she can work full time (after always having worked part time as well as bring up the kids) she has said "enough".

Meanwhile, HER money, plus an inheritance from her grandmother, plus his money have gone down the gurgler because his business went bust. Oh.... except for the stash he has hidden. It is being looked for but a well planned stash is not easy to find.

They entered the marriage as equals. He has money to burn while she is struggling to make ends meet.

Sorry boys, you jumped to the wrong conclusions on this one. Remember about what happens when you assume....

I didn't make assumptions about YOUR case your referring to. I showed a example of where men are ripped off.

I also stated that if wealth is created DURING a marriage, its only fair its split 50/50. If its NOT split 50/50 (regardless if its in favor of man or woman) then justice didn't prevail.

How does she know money was hidden? Is she just assuming or is there evidence? If there is evidence, then it can be traced.

So how did she get ripped off? you said there was a $1m house, did she not get 50% of that asset? I very much doubt that. If she walked away with $500k cash, then I don't see how she has been hard done by.

And business fail all the time.. I'm sure she would have been just as happy to take the profits should the business have succeeded.

Back