Best way to protect assets’ prior to marriage?

Has anyone seen the movie called "Awake"?

it is a great movie about a young rich man who marries a lovely young woman and then...........

(about mid way thru it gets hard to watch, i even turned it off it was so bad, but hang in there it is a good ending.)

It's not about "putting a price on love", it's about being fair and reasonable. If two adults, entering into a relationship, decided they did not want to be ripped off, AND did not want to rip off the OP, we wouldn't have these situations.

For me it's all about respecting oneself, and respecting the other party.
How hard is that? B!oody hard for many it seems.

It's not about "putting a price on love", it's about being fair and reasonable. If two adults, entering into a relationship, decided they did not want to be ripped off, AND did not want to rip off the OP, we wouldn't have these situations.

For me it's all about respecting oneself, and respecting the other party.
How hard is that? B!oody hard for many it seems.

I guess that's where it all comes undone. Each side has a different view of "fair" and some want to be compensated financially for emotional pain. Of course the pain is rarely one sided but people become amazingly self centred. I am sure the vast majority would not feel they are ripping off the other side even if that's how others see it.

I guess that's where it all comes undone. Each side has a different view of "fair" and some want to be compensated financially for emotional pain. Of course the pain is rarely one sided but people become amazingly self centred. I am sure the vast majority would not feel they are ripping off the other side even if that's how others see it.

why should you be compensated for 'emotional pain'?

As you mentioned this pain is both sides, and what about compensation for 'enjoyment of relationship'?

Relationships end, people get hurt, that's the fact of relationships, if you don't want to get hurt, don't enter a relationship.

Back