Best Whisky?

out of the JD range.. in order, try gold, green and swing[which is cheap at the airports]... smooth, flavoursome and without that midly 'harsh' aftertaste that i always find with blue.. it's a terrific drop but i prefer the three bottles below it

hi mja
your question to me is a bit funny as whiskey is first a generic name and second the term whiskey takes in about five different types of beverage
first there is japanese whiskey and no its not a form of sake or rice wine it is a true whiskey and comes in a single and blended version then there is the american version which is a rye whiskey ( and bourbon s not a whiskey so all the bourbans above are not in the same group) the american can be single or blended and they have alot of different tastes
then you have the scotch whiskey which I like now this come in alot of different styles and there are more types of whiskey in scotland then there are types of champaine and there are all very different if you wish to you can go to abedeen and the scotch house sell a nip for 1 pound and they have over 6 to 700 different scotchs on display
and no have not tried them all.
chivas is a blend from the house of strathalvin and I like single malts for this house glenlivit is again a single malt but they do a blend
I drink the scottish way a nip with a dribble of water 5mil max and straight and you wont see coke going even in the same fridge.
irish whiskey is very different again as it is made or was from potatoe peel and so had a rough taste but a long slow glowagain there are hundreds for irish whiskeys
for me the best blend is grouse lowest but best for value then johnny black and the more chivas 18
if I was going for ta blue I would go for a 21 year old single malt
and then you did ask what is the best whiskey
well if you get a chance try a 25 years old single malt straight out of a new tapped 25 year old keg
you can olny get it from the distillery so you have to go to japan, us scotland or ireland or as I like to call it by its true name of eire ( and eire was its name before it was overrun and forced to change its name to ireland.
the last of the five is the eastern states that do make whiskeys in poland and russia but never tried them.
your question is like saying which is the best wine
nearly impossible to answer
what I will say is that scotch is one of the best drinks I like to drink and neat
the best american one I have had is crown special reserve and it was a 18 yr single and was a very nice drop.
for me I enjoy drinking scotch.
and I hope one day you get a chnace to go on a 4 day scotch trip just going from one distillery to another and doing the same as wine tasters do tasting scotch.
I have done it and was for me just great
but you have to really like your scotch and understand the differences that different items make to the taste.
hope this helps
and if you wish I can taste test a bottle to make sure it has been made to the companies specs just in case you got a faulty bottle.:D

Since this thread is sorta offtopicish: GR, has anyone ever told you that 99% of your posts are full of complete wisdom and knowledge? Reading them forever causes many a headache :(

hi
thanks
I try to post on things I like or I know and most of the treads about my car has three wheels and can't fill the tank I don't post
I hope others would part some of their ideas.
I like to look into lots of different areas and try to gain a bit of knowledge on a subject
and if I am going to get involved in a type of project try to get a very good understanding of the project or the market before I get involved
and this does get you into alot of areas that most here would not go to
this has nothing to do with scotch
scotch is one of my vices and you do have to have one
some liek to gamble, some loose women,some fast cars and even some money or boats
me I like scotch and beer (not your vb's of this world) but designer draught beers but thats another post.
for me it does not matter if my post hurt your head to understand them
why because I am giving it for free
if donald, warren or even obama said would you like to have dinner and you will not understand half of what I am going to tell you
question is would you got to dinner with them
me within a heart beat
people don't understand my posts or for that matter don't read my posts
thats fine by me what have I lost.
if some one does understand my posts and does read my posts and do wish to get involved in my type of investing then I just got not only another investor but I got an investor that understands investing.
I don't ask people to invest with me
they ask can I invest with you their is a very big difference.
understand what you like
then do or work at what you like
and then enjoy what you enjoy and to the knockers or the people that say I don't like this or don't like that
cheers I say and leave them to the sorryfull world they enjoy.
me I enjoy life and I enjoy the things I enjoy and scotch is one of those
so ask away if you wish

I like to drink nice scotch straight
Chivas Regal is nice
Glenlivet is also good
Glenfiddich is great
Black douglas is ok
Johnny Walker red not good for me
blue and black not so bad
but not so good either
Jack Daniels or Jim Beam are good with coke
Johnny is good with coke too
I also like hitting the enter key
it makes reading posts enjoyable
and the enter key
is much easier to find
than the comma
or the full stop key

Just found this post again. At the moment I have most of the Glenlivet range at home - 12yo, 15yo, 18yo and 21yo.

18 and 21 are unopened at the moment but i popped the 15yo the other day - French Oak reserve.

Awesome drink, had it on the rocks and went down so easy! Recommend it if you are looking for a really nice whisky!

i only drink whiskey when i have a cold - something about rolling it around the mouth and sucking in a breath over the fumes, clears any blockages known to germs.

personally i'm rathe rpartial to a glenfiddich - but was a bit dear for a mere head cold, so succumbed this week to buying two-for-one of johnny walker red. rough but gets right in to that chest and sinus'!

Back